What are you doing today?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not bad! I've never tried knife throwing. With my bows it's often the opposite: My first shot is good but I cant make it again to save my life.
Years ago there was a guy named Bob Milek that wrote for Handloader Magazine. He was based out of Thermopolis . He always said to pay attention to everything you do on a shot and do everything exactly the same every time and before you know it you will be a marksman.

Wrecked my latest bow project. I tried to work it when my mind wasn't in it and carved a gouge in the inner limb. Might try to save it someday, but I'm kind of fed up with it at the moment. Or I might pull an @Alice B and cut it up for firewood. Wouldn't be the first bowmaking failure to go in the chiminea!

I have one good juniper stave left, but it's only 43" long. Might try a western-plains style "paddle bow." So called because it's got very short, very wide limbs. The common joke is "If you don't like shooting it, you can use it to paddle a canoe." Extremely powerful, especially at short range, and easy to shoot out of cramped spaces like a ground blind, heavy brush, or off horseback.

Where I have lived for over ten years we've never had a power outage of more than a couple of hours and that is rare. I also have a battery backup that is normally used for computers that covers my pumps and heat but not really sure how long it would last but figure at least a couple of hours.

Still, since my main filtration is under gravel driven by air pumps, I'm interested in the battery air pumps. Any chance you could give a link to what you use?
Hagen also made a battery powered air pump but the PennPlax are somewhat quieter and worked a little better. B10 are a bit cheaper and not automatic, but if you have frequent outages the B11 plugs into wall and it will turn on when the power goes out, as long as it has good batteries in it. There are other sources but here is an amazon link. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PBIKHU/?tag=ff0d01-20

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not bad! I've never tried knife throwing. With my bows it's often the opposite: My first shot is good but I cant make it again to save my life.
I'm actually looking to get into archery. Been researching recurve bows and I'm close to buying one.

Yesterday I was pioneer woman picking up firewood. Had a tree trimming company near me that had 3 lots full of wood he'd hauled home, I had the stove installed after the brown outs in 2011 when my electric heat with its huge bill was off due to no power.

After 2 rounds of carpenter ants attacked my porch from the guy's natural hazard I talked the tree guy into basically free firewood if I pick it up myself. He's moved but still trying to clear one of those lots. I own chainsaw and a hatchet.
I got lucky and my new tree guy had been over there cutting up firewood to sell and left a bunch of split wood, I just had to fill up the back of my chevy. I am keeping wood out of the dump and having free heat. It works for me, and it keeps me in shape. When we had snow-mageddon in Feb 2021 I had a pot of water on one burner on top and a pot of stew on the other. I had no power for 26 hours, fish on battery powered air pumps.
we had a huge Victorian house with an outdoor wood burning furnace; we had it installed. Got wood cheap from the Amish.

I'm watching snow flakes. North Texas is about to panic. (grocery store already looked it)
But it snows in cowboy movies.

I bought some Corydoras similis today, with store credit for Ancistrus I'd raised.

I got a juniper bow roughed out! Once I get the wood bending a little bit, I'll have to wait until it warms up enough to back it with sinew. Plenty of other projects to work on in the mean time. Building bows makes me happy. 😁 😁 😁
IMG_0082.JPG

I got a juniper bow roughed out! Once I get the wood bending a little bit, I'll have to wait until it warms up enough to back it with sinew. Plenty of other projects to work on in the mean time. Building bows makes me happy. 😁 😁 😁
View attachment 310138
Ah yes. I have stuff and things in my shop as well ;-)

Building a goat pen. One of the boys knocked down a barn swallow nest in our barn with eggs in it. The eggs are warm, which means they are actively incubated because it’s 20 degrees outside. We must have scared the parents off. 2 of the egg’s completely cracked. There were 1/2 developed embryos inside :(
The last one I thought might be salvageable but the membrane is slightly damaged which the baby won’t survive. The circle of life I guess, still a bummer

Supposed to be doing bookkeeping. Posted my bachelor Ram (or should I say widower) on a local trade group and I think that cost me 2 hours getting videos of fish before deciding not worth time, guy wanted to buy my pair

Building a goat pen. It ended up costing us nothing, we had all the materials, and 90% of the materials were here when we moved in! We also build a feeder for them
It’s redneck looking but sturdy and functional

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back