What are you doing today?

Hmm... I never saw that.
I remain skeptical but open I suppose
They were in the top results for “are peaches the same as nectarines”

Hmm... I searched something very similar in wordage but I didn't see that. Weird
Actually there are different types of nectarines but all are a hybrid between a peach and another fruit such as a plumb or apricot with apricot being the most common version.

Actually there are different types of nectarines but all are a hybrid between a peach and another fruit such as a plumb or apricot with apricot being the most common version.
Ehhhh idk... What @JuiceBox52 said is more believable than that...
I'm pretty sure these two fruits occur naturally whether there is a small genetic difference or not

Ehhhh idk... What @JuiceBox52 said is more believable than that...
I'm pretty sure these two fruits occur naturally whether there is a small genetic difference or not
Oh, they DO happen naturally as many pit fruits can cross breed. Still they are a cross between a peach and another fruit. A peach and an almond can even cross breed but it is rare. I'd LOVE to try one though. ;)

If you look for the taxonomic names, both peaches and nectarines are Prunus persica. If nectarines were a cross of peach and something else, the name would indicate this. Since they have the same taxonomic name they are the same species.

Pears. Conference pears taste like you are eating wood chips embedded in a fruit and are green. Rocha pears are gorgeous, smooth fruit without a hint of a woodchip and are yellow. Yet we know they are both pears.
Apples. There are golden tasteless delicious, granny smiths and cooking apples. Such different flavours. Some apples are green some are yellow, some are red.

These fruit vary in texture, flavour and skin colour so why can't a fruit vary in skin texture?

My dad used to graft apple and pear trees into one tree...two fruits, one tree

It has become more popular to have grafted multiple fruit trees nowadays cos they are ideal for smaller gardens and very easy to look after. They are frequently espalier/trained into fan shapes to allow them to remain smaller and able to be planted agaisnt walls etc

I can't eat fruit :(
Fructose intolerance caused by being put on antibiotics for a month. The antibiotics killed off the good bacteria in my intestine and now I can't tolerate the sugars in fruits, which really annoys me a lot because I love fruit and used to eat heaps of it. Now I can't eat any.

Fructose intolerance caused by being put on antibiotics for a month. The antibiotics killed off the good bacteria in my intestine and now I can't tolerate the sugars in fruits, which really annoys me a lot because I love fruit and used to eat heaps of it. Now I can't eat any.
Have you tried taking a probiotic? Fermented foods might also help.

Have you tried taking a probiotic? Fermented foods might also help.
Yeah I was taking huge amounts of probiotics straight after I finished the antibiotics. I was take half a dozen different brands and there was a total of about 15 different types of bacteria. And I was taking a triple dose three times a day, instead of 1 tablet a day. I did that for 6 months and it didn't make any difference. It just cost me a heap of money.

Yeah I was taking huge amounts of probiotics straight after I finished the antibiotics. I was take half a dozen different brands and there was a total of about 15 different types of bacteria. And I was taking a triple dose three times a day, instead of 1 tablet a day. I did that for 6 months and it didn't make any difference. It just cost me a heap of money.
And what happens if you eat fruit?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back