What are you doing today?

I'm just getting ready for a few rum and cokes, pizza and watching my first place Cleveland Guardians (used to be the Cleveland Indians) in baseball.

Tuesday has become pizza day at least every other week. We have a place called Papa Murphy's the is a take and bake outfit; they make it and you bake it at home. They are actually REALLY good and, on Tuesdays you can get a large any way you want for $11.00. I'll have half tonight and half tomorrow. Can't beat two good meals for $11.00. :yahoo:
:hooray:

The one in the pic is a 6ft 6. It’s a medium action pole. Is that what you mean by rating?
By rating I meant strength sorry. I have the exact same uglystik pole! It's a 6' 6" medium-heavy

I know this is back tracking in the conversation a bit but...

Using corn as bait be like:

Today it is actually raining YAY!!!!

Took longer than usual to take the wheelie bins for their fortnightly walk cos its RAINING!!!! It was soooooooo nice to be in the rain.....I didn't want to come back indoors.....I have never been so happy to get rained on :banana:

It is also water change day.....so more water to splash everywhere (dropkicked the bucket last water change, hopefully won't be so ham fisted this time cos it took a long time for the hall carpet to dry out.....bucket dropkicked in the wetroom and the water made a run for it down the hall instead of down the floor drain :rolleyes: )

What am I doing today? Trying to stay awake and sort out a mess.

Our older son lives alone in a flat (apartment) owned by me and my husband. At 2.15 am he phoned us. He's not been able to keep food or liquid down for 48 hours and felt very ill, so being out of hours for the GP, he phoned 111. They arranged for paramedics to call. By the time they got there, he'd fallen asleep and they couldn't wake him, so fearing the worst they contacted the police who broke the flat door down. One of the other residents must have opened the main building door for them.
So now we have a son in hospital, and a broken flat door. We have to wait another hour to contact someone (it's now 8 am and no-one opens till 9) to get the door replaced. It's a fire door, and because it's leasehold the owner of the building needs to fit it via their management company. The management company is next to useless so goodness knows how long it will take.
The only good part is that there are 6 flats in the building. Of the other 5 one is currently unoccupied; another resident works away during the week and is only home weekends; the occupant of another flat works nights so she'll be asleep most of the day. That leaves just 2 flats occupied by people who could leave the main building door unlocked.

I just want to go back to bed and sleep but there are phone calls to make and damage to be examined.

Our older son lives alone in a flat (apartment) owned by me and my husband. At 2.15 am he phoned us. He's not been able to keep food or liquid down for 48 hours and felt very ill, so being out of hours for the GP, he phoned 111. They arranged for paramedics to call. By the time they got there, he'd fallen asleep and they couldn't wake him, so fearing the worst they contacted the police who broke the flat door down. One of the other residents must have opened the main building door for them.
So now we have a son in hospital, and a broken flat door. We have to wait another hour to contact someone (it's now 8 am and no-one opens till 9) to get the door replaced. It's a fire door, and because it's leasehold the owner of the building needs to fit it via their management company. The management company is next to useless so goodness knows how long it will take.
The only good part is that there are 6 flats in the building. Of the other 5 one is currently unoccupied; another resident works away during the week and is only home weekends; the occupant of another flat works nights so she'll be asleep most of the day. That leaves just 2 flats occupied by people who could leave the main building door unlocked.

I just want to go back to bed and sleep but there are phone calls to make and damage to be examined.
Well that sucks! In my thinking the heck with the door. I just hope that your son is OK!

It's a fire door, and because it's leasehold the owner of the building needs to fit it via their management company. The management company is next to useless so goodness knows how long it will take.
Can you just fix the door yourself and don't tell them?

It's like the place I am in, it's strata managed or something and everyone has to agree or nothing gets done. Well I have been waiting for them to agree on fixing the front door for 6 months and do something about the rats and insects and they haven't. So I put some weather stripping around the door to stop the bugs coming in and looks like I gotta buy a ladder and some rat sac to kill the vermin.

While I'm up in the roof, I'm gonna see if there is insulation and if there isn't, I call the council and get them all busted for breaching building codes.

Good luck with the flat. Can you contact the neighbours and let them know what happened so they are able to help keep your flat secure? And best wishes to your son, thinking of you. :huddle:

I hope that your son recovers fully and will be able to go home soon.

As for the door, well that should be sorted by the management company fairly quickly since it is a security concern, hopefully they can get that sorted asap for you.

He phoned from hospital - he's on a drip and they want to keep him in. I hate to think what he's eaten, or perhaps it's a bug he's caught. He's more worried about someone getting in and stealing things :rolleyes:

The management company say it's the leaseholder's responsibility and we don't need permission as it's a replacement not an alteration, as long is the replacement is like for like. There's someone going round today to measure and make safe then they'll fit a new door tomorrow. The ironic thing is our son has a handyman business and he's more than capable of replacing the door - if he wasn't in hospital and too weak to manhandle heavy doors.

I am now sat nervously awaiting strange noises (including potentially breaking glass) from the bathroom. :unsure:

Fitted everything to their respective backplates that I did yesterday morning......very tentatively placed a loo roll on the loo roll holder to see if that worked first....it is still on the wall where I left it an hour ago, so all digits are crossed the the rest of the bits will stay where I left them...as in on the wall and not on the floor or in the wash basin in bits. :grr:

This weekend its painting the bathroom door and its frame, sealing the joint tween floor and wall that had been forgotten about when the wetroom conversion was done in 2018 and then doing creative things to the bare and damaged wall (which will get some polyfillered before the creativity begins). :unsure:

This is an advanced warning!

There might well be some seriously unladylike language heard/screamed over the next 4 or 5 days if things misbehave, wind me up or make a mess... :oops:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back