What's new

Vote Now!...July 2020 Tank of the Month (17 to 29 US Gallons)

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Vote now for July 2020 Tank of the Month

• PheonixKIng Z

Votes: 39 65.0%
  • Retired Viking

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • corylover 5

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
PLEASE VOTE! .................
vote-totm.png

We have 3 great entries for Fishforums' July 2020 Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 17 to 29 US gallons. View all the tanks and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for TOTM and then click the "Cast" button.

It’s best to view these awesome tanks on a computer screen or a tablet instead of a small phone screen.

Please Note:
Any attempt to influence competition results, other than by casting your allocated vote, is not permitted and may result in your entry being removed and / or further action being taken.

Winner will be awarded a neat "Tank of the Month Winner" banner in his profile area and will be featured in a "TOTM Winner" thread for all to see and to comment on.

Please DO NOT post any comments about specific tanks in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up occasionally for best readability.

Poll will close on July 13th at 4:10 PM EST. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.

Last edited:
July TTF TOTM.jpg

This is my tank "Planted Paradise"!

Size: 29g US Gallons (Material: Glass)

Age of setup: Around 8 months

Equipment:

Heater: Interpet 2-15 gallon

Filter: Tetra Wisper 2-10 gallon (With standard floss, and sponge)

Light: Desk clip lamp, with a bright LED bulb

Extra Equipment: DIY floating plant separator. (Made out of two suction cups and fishing line) a light separator. (Made out of airline tubing) and a black trash bag as a background.

Stock:

[8] Neon Tetras

[6] Panda Corydoras

[1] Male Albino BNP

[40] Cherry Shrimp

[60+] Pond, MTS, and BRH snails

Plants:

Anancharis (Broad leaved and narrow leaved)

Anubias (Two types)

Lacy Java Fern

Salvinia

Java Moss (Which has taken very nicely to the tank)

(No fertilizers are used in the tank.)

Feeding:

Neon Tetras: One pinch of Omega One flakes 5 days a week. The other two days, I fast them.

Albino BNP: Blanched cucumbers

Snails/Shrimp: Blanched cucumbers

Hardscape:

4 Pieces of driftwood

1-2 pounds of Dragon Stone

Smooth river rocks

Play sand. (I got a lucky color on that batch. I love it)

Additional information:

I love this tank. The neon tetras really like swimming around in all of that space. The salvinia is growing very well and shades the right side of the tank. The airline tubing provides light to the right back corner of the tank. The Pleco loves the driftwood, and sits on it a lot.

I will be getting 6-8 Cory Cats (Panda or Julii) this Thursday.

A big shoutout to @NCaquatics for giving me photography tips. ;)

Thank you for viewing, and may the best tank win! :thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20200703_212136518.jpg

This is my fantasy Lord of the Rings Castle tank. I set this tank up for my one year old granddaughter so she can stand (with help) and watch the fish. I have set it up on a coffee table.
Aquarium is a 29 gallon tank that I bought at a rummage sale several years ago.
The Castle is a Penn Plax two piece castle.
It has -3mm pea gravel and 2 lave stones.
Currently it has around 10 adult fancy guppies and maybe 15-20 guppy fry in it. I have platy's in QT that I plan to add in a week or so.
1 Nerite snail and several pond snails.
Plants consist of Java and Crested Java Ferns. The brown leaves have some seedlings on them.
Heater is a Tetra 30 gallon submersible heater.
Filter is an Aquatop classic aqua flow sponge filter.
Lighting is an Aqueon T-8 housed in a Perfecto hood which was purchased with the tank.
I feed my guppies Fluval Bug Bites, Omega One or Wardley tropical flakes once a day.
I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive for the plants once a week a day after water change.
Water change is done once a week at 50%.
The tank has been setup for about 3 months.
Thank you for taking the time to consider my ( and my granddaughter) tank.

Polish_20200705_233505132.jpg

This is my 29 gallon tank.
It has been set up for 2.5 months now.

Stocking: I have 8 corydoras, 6 mollies, 1 platy, 2 upside down catfish, 4 guppies, and a handful of snails.

Plants: I have duckweed, anubias, moneywort, dwarf chain sword, Amazon sword, rosette sword, madagascar lace plant, marimo moss balls, java moss, hydrocotole, and a few other unidentified plants.

Hardscape: I have a few peices of spiderwood and some river stones.

Filter and heater: I have a Marieneland penguin bio wheel 150 filter and an Aquatop 150 watt heater.

Feeding: I feed my livebearers a pinch of tropical fish flakes (I mixed 3 different brands although I can't remember which brands together and put them in a large empty fish food bottle) daily along with live brine shrimp or black worms once a week. I give my catfish a pinch of API sinking cichlid pellets each morning and at night I give them 2 or 3 tetra shrimp wafers with a pinch of bottom feeder Fluval bug bites. They also get live black worms weekly. I feed my snails 1 Aqueon Algae wafer a day plus any algae in my tank and blanched cucumber weekly.

Substrate: I have Carbisea sand with some blue gravel that was left in my tank (I'm trying to remove the gravel from my tank currently)

Fertilizer: I use seachem root tabs once a month for my plants.

Cleaning: I do weekly water changes of 50-75%. I have a Mag-Float for the sides of my tank. I clean my filter in a bucket of tank water once a month.

End of Entries
Slowly scroll up as you review the 3 entries and then cast your vote in the poll at the top of the thread. Thank you for participating in our Tank of the Month contest.

Next up in mid July will be our Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet in your household (besides fish), consider entering the POTM contest.

Last edited:
WE HAVE A WINNER! PheonixKingZ has won July TOTM. You may congratulate PK in the Winner's thread HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back