April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shrimpthebetta

Reaction score
Please help! My baby betta looks like she's bleeding on both sides of her head. She is in a heated filtered and cycled 6.5 gal tank with two bronze corydoras.. Her tank is next to my work station at home so I always keep an eye on her and she's never displayed signs of aggression towards the corys. I used to have a panda cory in the tank that i bought from petsmart three weeks ago, and he died yesterday. I'm scared that my betta might have gotten something from her. This is my first time dealing with a sick betta, pleasee help!

Attachments

• IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    456.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3467.JPG
    IMG_3467.JPG
    479.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 281
Can you please answer the following questions.

How big is the tank?
Has it got a heater? What is it set to?
Has it got a filter?
How strong is the current?
Is it cycled?
How often do you change water?
How much water do you change?
Do you vacuum the substrate?
What additives or chemicals do you use? Eg De Chlorinator?
Do you use tap or bottled water? If bottled water please give us the brand.
Do you have a water test kit?
Can you tell us the readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
When you clean the tank can you tell us exactly what you do.
What do you feed him? how much? how often?
Any tank mates? What sort how many?
How long have you had the Betta?
Has he got a history of illness?
Any plants or decorations? Please give details?
Can you provide a close up photo of the fish?
Can you provide a photo of the tank?

Hi! I did include a close up of the fish above. There is a filter and heater in the tank- it's set to 78 degrees. I dechlorinate the water and now have ammonia remover as well. I actually solved the problem of the weird red marks on my betta- they're just her coloration! Since she is so white, it stood out like a sore thumb and I thought she was hurt or bleeding. Luckily that wasn't the case.

According to your response you haven't solved anything

and now have ammonia remover as well.
Please explain this, If your tank is cycled you do not need a ammonia remover, Also most dechlorinators deal with ammonia.

Whats the name of this product?

There is no issue to begin with now that I have deduced that the red marks are just my fish's markings. I didn't have ammonia remover and now I do. It doesn't have anything to do with my post, but I wanted to include it anyways since people on another forum said the red mark was a bacterial infection that's usually caused by high ammonia levels. But, in my case, my fish is healthy and that wasn't the case:)

Ok

Just be warned some " ammonia removers " only bind ammonia for 24 to 48 hours after that they release it back into the water.

A tank thats properly cycled with regular water changes does not need ammonia remover.

But hey what do I know.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back