FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Should I go forward with this stand?

• No, it is not safe to use as is.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes, it is safe enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh I agree that the corners are the most important part and should be directly over the legs. I was just asking if the rest of the black tank trim (the rest of the rectangular perimeter) needs to be resting on the stand. With both the craiglist stand that this thread is about and the Petco one I just bought, only the corners are resting on something. Well, actually with the craiglist one I'm concerned that the middle was raised and only parts of the perimeter were resting on something but it's the same kind of issue.

Forgot to mention, I will be attempting to resell the stand (and the tank it came with, which had degraded seals) in order to recoup some of the investment. I will put a warning in the ad that the new buyer might want to re-seal the tank and fix the stand. Hopefully somebody with a lot more experience than me will take interest in refurbishing the tank and stand because I won't be like the guy before me and place a dishonest ad.
Advertise it for reptiles rather than fish. That way it won't have to hold water or much weight.

Colin, great idea. Thank you. I'm sure it'll take longer to sell but I was already gonna put a cheap price on it. Plus I'm throwing in a brand new 5 gallon and a 1-year-old 10 so I could probably get fifty bucks out of it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back