UK Fish Store Directory

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Swallow Aquatics - Gravesend

Variety: 10 - Lots and lots of fish, coldwater, tropical, marine. nice selection of tanks and accessories
Quality: 10 - fantastic, fish are healthy, well cared for and I never saw a single dead fish.
Service: 10 - staff are knowledgeable and helpful, advised me on newbie fish, asked all the right questions (water parameters/tank mates etc) despite being very busy.

took your advice and went there today................WOW!!! That place has changed and were so helpful! Stock was mind blowing and prices were as cheap if not better than online shopping! So much so i am making a list already, and if you go................check out that huge tank as you go in!!!!! THat must be measured in metres rather than feet!

If u live near Bath or salisbury its worth a visit to;
AS. Aquatics
Acres Supply garden centre
Corsley Heath Warminster
Wiltshire Ba12 7pp
01373 832591

Variety - 9 They have over 100 tanks of tropicals including Discus and outdoor cold water koi etc.
Quality - 10 Clean, tidy, and a really healthy looking stock.
Service - 10 The staff really know their stuff and are very helpful.

Acres Supply is great!
They have recently (within the last 3 months) started selling marine fish & coral too.

The guys are brilliant and really know their stuff. They can order in for you as well if what you want isn't there - unlikely though as they seem to have everything!!

Brilliant for Discus!!!

As they now do marine I'm gonna say :

Variety - 10

Does anyone know a good shop around eastbourne not far as my dad wouldn't wanna drive very long at all!

Fish and fins: Unit 5 Chaucer Industrial Estate Dittons Road
Polegate
East Sussex
BN26 6JF
UK
Tel: 01323 488455 Fax: 01323 482974

I have never been to the store but have used them a couple of times online really good service helpfull and prompt :good:

Maidenhead Aquatics - Henley

8- Lots of different tropicals, some common are not avaidable but the do order in. Although if they had marine they would be a 10 :good:
9- Always tidy & clean. Although some fish are ill but they are being treated in a quarintine tank and not with other fish, which is good to no.
10- Staff definatly know what they are doing, helpful and friendly!

Best maidenhead aquatics in my area (for FW) IMO.

27/30 :good:

Select Garden Centre including Select Aquatics is now owned by Select Nishikigoi Int.

Adress: Select Garden Centre
Main Road Sundridge
Sevenoaks Kent
TN14 6ED

Tel: 01959569851

This is one of my all time favorites. It has improved a lot since I went a couple of years ago, which is probably due to the new management. There guppies are top class along with trops of fantastic quality as well. I would recommend them highly.

Variety: 6 they don't have the biggest varity but the fish are top quality and marines are brilliant.

Quality: 10 if you want quality fish this is the place as they have a 7 day guarantee on live stock.

Staff: 10 extremly helpfull and know their trops, marines and corals. I spoke to Paul Allen (manager) who knows absolutely everything fish related. He used to work at Living Reef (manager).

Smiley Rating: :fish: :good: :fish:

On another note I went into their koi section and saw some stunning huge fish. They also have pets, parrots and reptiles.

I bought a lovely pair of percula clowns which are really fantastic.

World of Water - Bicester, Oxfordshire

Variety: 8

Quality: 6 (Saw more than 7 dead fish and a dead shrimp being cleaned by his buddies on last visit alone)

Staff: 7 (Depends who you get)

The Goldfish Bowl - Oxford

Variety: 9.5

Quality: 10

Staff: 10 (We had Barry serve us, excellent chap)

Fishey Business - Boundary Road, Portslade, Sussex

Variety - 7 (Small place but good variety of fish - cycled on a regular basis)
Quality - 9 (All clean, all set up lovely, nice mix of marine/coldwater/tropicals)
Service - 9 (Try to get there on the weekends - the staff are much nicer)

Forty Fathoms - Kidderminster, Worcs (fortyfathoms.com)

Variety - 6 (Due to now being in new premises, but looks like more tanks on way)
Quality - 9 (Very good, all tanks clean and fish healthy)
Service - 9 (Found them very friendly, good knowledge and customer service)

I visited Paddock Farm Water Gardens in Darlington today.

I would certainly agree with all the positive comments about it, not a huge number of tanks but a good range of fish. Tanks were clean, no dead fish anywhere, clearly lablled QTs & the young lad running it knew his stuff. Good range of Eheim filters & spares, huge variety of foodstuffs & meds, keen prices & they even offer heatpacks & boxes for those making a long journey.

The big bonus is that I could send the wife off round the gardens whilst I indulged myself.

Sorry but World of Water in St. Mellons Cardiff.

It's more like World of Disaster!

DORSET

OSAquatics

Variety - 8 (Seems to prefer Coldwater but some fish you do not often see)
Quality - 10+ ( Best looking fish i have seen)
Service - 10 ( happy to chat for ages)

DORSET

OSAquatics

Variety - 8 (Seems to prefer Coldwater but some fish you do not often see)
Quality - 10+ ( Best looking fish i have seen)
Service - 10 ( happy to chat for ages)

Oooh i have just been in there . fish look great and really big

Aquatics World UK - Coventry

Site; Aquatics World Uk Website - Very New & still to have stocks on there & trops etc...

Variety - 9 - Have Lots of cichlids, trops, corals, eels, angels, gobys, L plecs, Inverts, have super rare £300 anthias, had 4 rays in, big koi, small koi, sturgeons, loads of goldfish, plants, live rock [relatively cheap]. For a 10 they probably need a Discus tank. However, they can order in any marine/cold/trop fish you want, from platinum arowana to discus to certain tailed/colour fighters [They usually have variety of V.T Colours and sometimes crowntails or half moons.] Also stock female fighters. They also have seahorses, electric clams [forgotten name] and Marine Discus/Angels [Can order in a £3,500 one!]

Quality - 9 - Nice clean tanks, massive filters, sumps, skimmers etc. Had 1 dead fish last time I went in. Wolf Cichlids in 5 gal tanks till they are sold [when adult, they're 2 1/2 foot long!] Also, they don't sell dyed fish.

Staff - 10 - Mike & Malc [Owners & Marine Managers] know everything about marine. Tim [Tropical & Coldwater Manager] knows everything about trops/coldwater. Rest of staff have very good overall knowledge. They also have 2 young apprentices/helpers who know a fair bit.[/u]
Overall - 29/30 - For a very new aquatics shop they sure know what they're doing. Have a 12 foot long tank for just corals & inverts with some reef-safe fish in. For their fighting fish, they have them in 2 gallon betta containers, bigger than what I have seen at other LFS'. They usually sell over 600 plants a week. They get deliverys in every friday & sometimes on tuesdays.

Opening Times;

Mon - Fri; 10am - 10pm - Long Time For People To Come In.
Sat; 10:30am - 6:00pm - Relatively Long Day.
Sun - 10:30am - 4:30pm - Most LFS Aren't Open Weekends/Sundays. These Are.

By,
John McDevitt​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pets At Home - Coventry
Site; Pets At Home Site - Site Is About A 3.

Variety - 5 - Have mostly Corys, Guppies, Dwarf Gouramies & Some Tetras. Had some Clown Loaches In A 15 Gal Tank. No Marine. Only Have Java Fern & Amazon Sword. Only Have Red Caps & Black Moors In Coldwater Section.

Quality - 3 - Loads Of Dead Fish. Clowns Had Whitespot. Guppy Males All In 1 Tank, They All Had Shredded Tails. Had Fighting Fish In With Some Neon Tetras, Three-Spot Gouramies & Guppies Bad No-No.

Staff - 6 - Only Things About Fish Is That Clown Loaches Need Big Tanks & Fish Can Go In Cycled Tanks Only. Oh, And When You Have A Snail Problem In A 10G Not To Get Clown Loaches.

Opening Times;

N/A

By,
John McDevitt​

Midlands

Tropikoi Aquatics – 5 tollgate way, Duston Northampton.
Tel: 01604758119
Variety – 7 (Good selection of cold, pond, trops, cichllids, marine and reptiles
Quality – 8 (Very well presented and kept tanks)
Service/Staff – 10 (Very Helpful and knowledgeable)

Fishy Friends Aquatics

Basildon / Essex / England.

Variety: 7
Quality:10+
Staff:10++

Staff will bend over backwards and tell you what they think, wont sell to you if they really dont think its a good idea, cheap water testings, the fish from there are amazingly well fed and not crowded or overstocked, althougth there is a good mix of fish in such a small shop they will order almost ANYTHING you want from there.
I cant tell you how great this shop is, very friendly staff, they know me and my partner as regulars even order fish in to show us before they sell, make me read through there books almost everytime i come in and give people discounts if you smile!
A family run business there (i wish they would employ me!)
Althought there website isnt the most flattering it really does show you how good they are at the fish hobby!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back