UK Fish Store Directory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tropikoi Aquatics – 5 tollgate way, Duston Northampton.
Tel: 01604758119
Variety – 8 (Good selection of cold, pond, trops, cichllids, marine and reptiles
Quality – 9 (Very well presented and kept tanks)
Service – 10 (Very Helpful and knowledgeable)

Good one for North East

Downtown Garden Centre, Grantham
Variety – 9 (Different fish every so often)
Quality – 9 (Probably 30 tanks with 2/3 dead fish in total)
Service – 8 (Good knowledge and advice, new people aren't so clued up. But they refund dead fish!)

East Midlands Northampton

Gm Aquatics (off of barrack road, kingsthorpe)

Variety: 7 (nice selection of fish, ive seen some good oddballs here such as climbing perch and archers)
Quality: 8 (nice quality fish that appear well fed, looked after and housed with suitable tankmates)
Staff: 8 ( the staff here are happy to lend you their knowledge and help you out )

Recent Closure.

my reccommendations are maidenhead aquatics, based inside wyvale garden centre at crowland, just on the outskirts of peterborough. it used to be near my home before i moved house.

they may not be the cheapest but the advice given is good and they are very helpfull.

another gardencentre that sells fish and equipment in the same area is baytree gardencentre at western hills, lincolnshire, who has a reasonable pet centre. i used to go there for my fish untill one day i was there on a wed when they had just got their new fish stock in and i witnessed them turn off the fish tank lights and simply tip in the fish with the other fish that was in the tanks originally. i asked how long the quarantine period was for that store and i was told that they would be able to sell them the next morning.

it put me right off them.

now i am in doncaster and i use tanks a lot which in the main town, just behind the market. if they dont have the fish in that you want they will try to locate them for you and they are reasonable pricewise.

there is another pet shop further down the road, cant remember the name of it, and even tho the tanks are not as clean as many places, in fact i would call the tanks mature, the fish i have had has always been in very good condition and i have had no problems at all.

pets at home on york road, doncaster is pretty good now that they have had a re fit of the fish area and are stocking more fish and more types.

Fish and Pond Centre
Kettering Rd,
Hannington,
Northampton,
Northamptonshire
NN6 9TD

Tel: 01604 781260

A43 between Kettering and Northampton, Northamptonshire
Variety - 6 (a very small store with maybe 20 tanks in total)
Quality - 10 (never seen any diseased/dead fish in there)
Service - 8 (the main staff know what they are doing and ask lots of questions before selling to you, 1 young lad doesn't seem to care)

Anyone know of a good shop in North Birmingham near Erdington? I havent got a car so dont want to go miles for fish. They'd die on the bus!!

The Fish Tank – 187 Whitehall Road, Whitehall, Bristol
Variety – 8 (Lots of variety, have started to stock some very nice African Cichlids and can order for you. Also stock some marines)
Quality – 9 (Tanks in top condition, fish always very healthy)
Service – 7 (Staff are helpful and reasonably knowledgeable)

South West

Endsleigh Garden & Leisure - Ivybridge, Devon.
www.g-l.co.uk
Variety - 10 (Large variety, all the usual suspects as well as some more unusual species)
Quality - 10 (Tanks crystal clear, never any dead stock, stock always look very healthy)
Service - N/A (Haven't spoken to any staff)

Homeleigh Garden Centre - Launceston, Cornwall.
www.homeleighgardencentre.co.uk
Variety - 10 (Enormous variety, at least 80 tanks, some rare fish)
Quality - 10 (Everything looks very clean and healthy)
Service - N/A (Didn't talk to any of the staff but from the state of the tanks I'd say they know what they're doing)
Please note: this shop is VERY difficult to get to, parking is not signposted, and the pet section is very disappointing.

Tamar View Aquatics - Saltash, Cornwall.
www.tamaraquatics.co.uk/
Variety - 8 (Most of the usual tropical fish, not all, nothing fancy really)
Quality - 10 (Stock is stunning, well kept)
Service - 9 (Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, occasionally incorrect but usually very good)

Cuddra Aquatic Nursery - Holmbush Rd, St Austell, Cornwall.
Tel: 01726 76686
Variety - 10 (Enormous! The largest koi stockist in Cornwall, and 70 tropical tanks! Brilliant shop too.)
Quality - 10 (Impeccable, spotlessly clean tanks, very healthy fish, enormous quarantine facilities)
Service - 10 (Very friendly, patient staff, well trained and very knowledgeable of everything there)

Mid Cornwall Pet & Aquatics - 32 Normandy Way, Walker Lines Industrial Estate, Bodmin, Cornwall.
Tel: 01208 269996
Variety - 9 (Some, not all, the usual tropicals, with some interesting marines)
Quality - 1 (Large numbers of dead, dying, diseased and sick fish, no thermometers, tanks seem at least somewhat clean)
Service - 2 (Polite but gave some pretty bad advice)

Moor Pets - Woods Browning Industrial Estate. Respryn Road, Bodmin, Cornwall.
Tel: 01208 75900
Variety - 5 (Only a few tanks, a few very common tropicals, and the odd coldwater)
Quality - 10 (Very clean, Decor was being scrubbed when we went in, fish all looked very healthy.)
Service - 10 (Polite and friendly, don't know how knowledgeable exactly)

CITY AQUATICS

270 North Road,
Heath,
CARDIFF,
CF14 3BL

http://www.cityaquatics.4t.com/

Variety - 6 (i am only giving a six because it is the only shop i have seen rope fish in)
Quality - 0 (awful tank condition very mucky rope fish were lethargic and they sell dyed fish!)
Service - 7 (they were fine to talk to and had experience but it still dont make up for the rest)

Atlantis Aquatics
Harfreys ind. estate
Great Yarmouth
tel 01493 663 775

http://www.atlantisaquatics.co.uk/

Variety - 8
Quality - 9
Staff - 10
Smiley rating - :good:

Bit of a drive for me, but is worth it :) really well laid out, good stock of healthy fish and plants, prices are good too and staff very knowledgable and friendly

pet and garden world-leeds,armley
it is a massive animal warhouse
they sell everything 2 alligators and meerkat

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back