UK Fish Store Directory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Does anybody know of any good LFS in the North Hampshire/South Berkshire area??

I think everyone has listed every area of the country except here!! LOL i've just spent an hour trawling through them all

There are a couple of good Maidenhead aquatics around here, just looking for anywhere else people may know of??

Many Thanks

Hi I live in Surrey, we seem to have lots of Maidenhead aquatics around here - The best of the bunch is also the most local to me in Addlestone/Weybridge (KT15 postcode), its in the New Haw Wyevale garden centre.

Maidenhead Aquatics Weybridge
Variety: 9 - I get almost all of my fish here, lots of tanks and a great selection of tropical fish with a large marine section too.
Quality: 9 - Very good, all of their fish are happy and healthy
Service: 9 - A Helpful, knowledgeable team of enthusiasts who really care about the fish

A new one on me and one I never been to before
Can recommend Got me a light fitting extra quick and had to pre-order!! Fantastic price
Limited stock on tropicals, but very very healthy nice looking tanks ... No marines.
Freindly service second to none ... I think they will go full hog to get you what you want..

54-56 Asquith Bottom Mill, off Bridge Street, Sowerby Bridge West Yorkshire HX6 3BT.

website difficult to find ... www.caldervalleyaquatics.co.uk

World of Water - Staines

Variety: 10 - They have or are willing to order in anything you could think of, they stock things that most shops don't simply to offer a true range of choice not just their own products.
Quality: 10 - fantastic, fish are healthy, well cared for and tanks look very interesting!
Service: 10 - staff are knowledgeable and always willing to help, if they don't know an answer they will research it for you.

:good: :rolleyes: :good:

I think everyone has listed every area of the country except here!! LOL i've just spent an hour trawling through them all

There are a couple of good Maidenhead aquatics around here, just looking for anywhere else people may know of??

Many Thanks

Hi I live in Surrey, we seem to have lots of Maidenhead aquatics around here - The best of the bunch is also the most local to me in Addlestone/Weybridge (KT15 postcode), its in the New Haw Wyevale garden centre.

Variety: 9 - I get almost all of my fish here, lots of tanks and a great selection of tropical fish with a large marine section too.
Service: 9 - A Helpful, knowledgeable team of enthusiasts who really care about the fish

make sure you try - World of Water in Staines!! :good:

Snoopyfrench,

You wouldn't happen to work at, or own, World of Water at Staines, would you? :lol:

BTT

World of Water - Staines

Variety: 10 - They have or are willing to order in anything you could think of, they stock things that most shops don't simply to offer a true range of choice not just their own products.
Quality: 10 - fantastic, fish are healthy, well cared for and tanks look very interesting!
Service: 10 - staff are knowledgeable and always willing to help, if they don't know an answer they will research it for you.

:good: :rolleyes: :good:

make sure you try - World of Water in Staines!! :good:

Not been to Staines, but I would have to agree with the same comments with the one in Romsey, Hampshire. WoW Hampshire

I have never seen so much variety, especially decor, hardware etc, etc.
The fish house is on the smallish side but plenty of variety and all were VERY healthy. :good:

Many Thanks

I would agree with your score there. I live not far from there and it's a great shop. The staff seem to be genuinely interested in what they are doing which makes a change to some shops where they don't seem to be bothered.

If you live nearby I'd recommend a visit as there's also a great selection of tropical.

East Midlands Northampton

Maidenhead Aquatics (harlestone furs)

Variety: 9 (massive selection of african cichlids, and equaly large american cichlids and marine section)
Quality: 9 (some really nice fish ive came across here. can be pricey)
Staff: 6 (depending who you get the knowledge differs, although many times ive asked for a cheap fish and theyve netted a expensive one thinking its the cheap one =P)

Tropikoi Aquatics (sixfields)

Variety: 8 (some of the more uncommon fish in store,aswell as the regular, and the owner will order you whatever you need in)
Quality: 9 (brilliant quality fish, and well maintained tanks. equally good with reptiles)
Staff: 10 ( the staff are always helpfull, knowledgeable and friendly)

Gm Aquatics (off of barrack road, kingsthorpe)

Variety: 7 (nice selection of fish, ive seen some good oddballs here such as climbing perch and archers)
Quality: 8 (nice quality fish that appear well fed, looked after and housed with suitable tankmates)
Staff: 8 ( the staff here are happy to lend you their knowledge and help you out )

theres some more around here but these are the 3 i go to that have my aproval.

Swallow Aquatics - Gravesend

Variety: 10 - Lots and lots of fish, coldwater, tropical, marine. nice selection of tanks and accessories
Quality: 10 - fantastic, fish are healthy, well cared for and I never saw a single dead fish.
Service: 10 - staff are knowledgeable and helpful, advised me on newbie fish, asked all the right questions (water parameters/tank mates etc) despite being very busy.

Owens Aquatics Roden Telford

Variety: 4 (very small aquatics so as you would expect not a lot of species, However they take in unwanted fish so there are always one or two surprises when you go in)
Quality: 8 (tropical fish are always in top condition)
Staff: 8 (maybe higher but haven't needed to ask too many questions when i've been)

Albrighton Garden Centre Aquatics

Variety: 10 (if only i had a few more tanks, Tropical Range was exellent )
Quality: 9 (some really really nice fish, from oddballs like Ornate Birchirs and Butterfly fish to Discus and even Guppys, All were in top condition.
Staff: 10 (Staff seem to hobbyists and enjoy their job, can't say more than that)

Variety: 4 (very small aquatics so as you would expect not a lot of species, However they take in unwanted fish so there are always one or two surprises when you go in)
Staff: 8 (maybe higher but haven't needed to ask too many questions when i've been)

Quality: 9 (some really really nice fish, from oddballs like Ornate Birchirs and Butterfly fish to Discus and even Guppys, All were in top condition.
Staff: 10 (Staff seem to hobbyists and enjoy their job, can't say more than that)

Davo, can you PM the address for albrighton, trying to google it but cant find it, I dont live too far from there and would love to find a new LFS, specially as you say they have a good range, thanks :)

Sweet Knowle Aquatics - Wimpstone, nr Stratford upon Avon

Variety: 10 (Not so many rare or unusual types, but a huge selection of all the regulars - they've also opened up a new cichlid section :good: )
Quality: 10 (All tanks in great condition, spotted a floater last time I went, was removed immediately when I pointed it out)
Staff: 9 (Not asked too many questions there, but the few questions I've had have been well answered)

Well worth a visit, and the fact that it's a family business is a bonus in my eyes. Overall: :good:

Maidenhead Aquatics - Stratford upon Avon

Variety: 9 (Very good range, new ones in all the time, although slightly expensive for some types)
Quality: 10 (Very clean and in great condition (to be fair, they've only been open just over a year), and they have a fantastic looking display tank)
Staff: 10 (The two main guys in there are really friendly and seem to know their stuff)

Overall: As chain stores go, this has to be one of the best I've seen. Definately recommended.

Avon Aquatics - Shipston on Stour

It should be noted here that this store is apparently undergoing a renovation, and is subject to change. That said, nothing much seems to have changed since I was there six months ago!

Variety: 5 (A large selection of tanks, but the range stocked seems very basic and could do with a lot of improvement, with many tanks either empty or just containing a couple of fish)
Quality: 2 (Most of the tanks had varying amounts of algae growing on the substrate and the glass, no dead fish spotted but they all looked pretty lacklustre)
Staff: 6 (Seemed fairly keen and reasonably knowledgable, but I can't give them any more than this due to the state they keep the tanks)

Overall: This store seems to now be concentrating on the outdoor/pond side of the business (which has been refurbished). Due to this, the state of the tropical/marine section, and the high prices of acessories etc, I'll be staying away from here until I hear they've improved. Shame really, they used to be pretty good. :angry:

fishy friends aquatics

basildon (somewhere in the shopping centre)

Variety: 9 get all my fish there. a good range of community fish and malawi cichlids
quality: 9 the tanks are nice and clean, never seen any dead fish in the tanks
staff: 9 the staff are friendly and have well answer answers then i ask them questions

noahs ark aquatics

28 Shannon Way
Canvey Island
SS8 0PD
Essex

variety: 8 a very very good range of tetras and small community fish.
quality: 7 most fish are healthy but some tanks have dead fish in them.
staff: 6 questions are quite well answered but i have not asked many questions.

Albrighton Aquatics - Featured retailer on PFK website

Fishinc in Sheffield. Really good.. huge selection of wild caught and F1 cichlds both African and American. Tropicals/stingrays ect.. Run by a (welsh i think?) guy called Lindsey, he knows his stuff, and so do his colleagues.. HERE is their website.

Forever Pets - Darlington

Variety - 7

Quality - 10

Service - 10

Fintasia - Darlington

Variety - 9

Quality - 10

Service - 10 Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Paddock Farm Garden Centre - Dalton Gates

Variety - 10

Quality - 10

Service - 10 Know their fish and give good advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back