FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My LFS

The Water ZOO
Lincoln Road,
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire

http://www.waterzoo.co.uk/

They don't sell livestock over the internet however they do list what they have in stock which is very useful if your looking for a set type of fish, etc. They have a very use Guides online and instore. The Water Zoo is one of the largest aquatic retailers in East Anglia, occupying over 7000 square feet & has been voted as one of the top aquatic shops in the country by readers of PFK magazine.

Variety..7.. (Would be higher however they often only have smaller size fish in.
Quality..10.. (Never seen any ill looking fish and they always quarantine fish for a week.
Staff..10..(If you get a chance to speak with them, its almost always very busy no matter what time of day although I have been in a few times and spent a good hour chatting with the staff about tank set ups, fish types, there knowledge of fish is very good and they know exactly where the stock is. If you ask for a fish they will take you straight to it so you don't have to search round the tanks.)

Within the store they have a huge, and I mean huge marine set up. They also have a well set up mature rainbow fish tank with the fish not for sale, allowing you the chance to see how the rainbow fish will turn out when they are adults. This is very helpful as many of the rainbows are quite dull and similar in looking when young.

Shops in and around Portsmouth, UK

Emsworth Aquatics

Variety- 9
Quality- 8
Staff- 8

A great shop, has a good variety for a fairly small shop. Does awesome reptiles :drool: and so has plenty of live food. Cheaper than Pets At Home, especially on plants.

Arundel Avieries and Aquatics

Variety- 7
Quality- 7
Staff- 7

Haven't bought anything from there, but has marine fish and quite a few others. I have no idea on staff or prices.

Personally thought Arundel A&A's tanks looked dirty, but an excellent variety.

Quite surprised that people are liking various branches of Maidenhead. I've only ever seen dead fish in two shops, both branches of Maidenhead.

Maidenhead Aquatics, Havant
Variety - 9
Quality - 5 - Dead fish in tanks
Staff - 6

Maidenhead Aquatics, Chichester
Variety - 8
Quality - 4, Dead fish in tank, only went there as they were the only LFS remotely local to me that had assassin snails in stock - and one that they sold me was dead.
Staff - 7

A couple of others in the Portsmouth area

The Aquatic Centre, Kingston Road, Portsmouth - bought my tank (Aquamode 600) from there
Variety - 7, includes some marine
Quality - 9
Staff - 8 - Very knowledgeable, but sometimes getting that knowledge out was like extracting teeth.

Copnor Tropicals, @ Garsons Garden Centre, Funtley (visible from the J9 w/b exit slip of M27) - bought all my fish from there.
Variety - 7
Quality - 10+
Staff - 10+ - Also very knowledgeable, gives all the info they know that's relevant
Overall would recommend this LFS to anyone and everyone.

Aqua Marine, North Wembley, London

Variety - 7 (Very Small place but good variety of fish and will order whatever you need including plants, driftwood or stone)
Quality - 7 (No dead fish, Tanks are bare in plants/decor, good condition fish)
Service - 6 (Very small shop run by 1-2 dedicated women but often very busy and do not offer much information)

My favourite LFS:

Maidenhead Aquatics
Wyevale Garden Centre, 229 Winbourne Rd
West Stapehill Wimbourne
Dorset BH21 2DN

Variety - 10. If they haven`t got something that you`re specifically looking for they can on most occasions order in for you
Quality - 10. Never had a poorly or infected fish from them. Their tanks and displays are clean and very well scaped.
Service - 10. Nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff. Friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help and advise.
:good: :good: :good: :good:

Worst LFS:
Southern Aquatics
Southern Aquatics & Pets
Northmead Drive
Creekmoor
Poole
Dorset

Variety - 8.
Quality - 4. Continuous dead fish in the tanks and fish are quite often seen to have whitespot/infections that are usually ignored unless you specifically point it out to staff. Even then their attitude is majoritively a 'don`t care' attitude.
Service - 5. Some members of staff are helpful and friendly, however the others are sometimes rude, ignorant and can`t be bothered to help or advise.

Birchwood Aquatics Swanley Kent

These guys really know their stuff, allways helpfull and polite.Excellent shop and worth a visit

Good selection of Tropical, Marine and coldwater fish, good range of tanks stocked as well as all the usual hardware.

I rate this shop:

Variety 10/10

Cleanliness 10/10 rarely see a dead fish in display tanks and shop is spotless

Staff 10/10 allways answer my questions honestly even if it costs them a sale

The only thing that does spoil this establishment - could do with a tea machine!! I would stay longer then.

Swallow Aquatics Gravesend Kent

Excellent store

Staff 7/10 some are lacking in interest, just a job to them

Variety 10/10

Cleanliness 10/10

Broad Street Aquatics Dagenham

A nice place to come from, Dont go there, Dirty tanks, poor quality fish

Wipe your feet on the way out, shop smells of dirty water

Abacus Aquatics, Sidcup
Variety - 8
Quality - 8
Staff - 10-Owner VERY friendly :good:

Only negative is some fish are overpriced, but I love that store

Two by Two aquatics- Dudley,West Midlands

Merry hill shopping centre.

Variety-6
Quality-5
Staff-1

I was reccomended to add 2 loach, 2 "swimmer fish" and 2 catfish whilst i had my tank in hand :crazy:

Sad to say i wont be visiting their any more :lol:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kesgrave-Tropicals

Kesgrave Tropicals
122 main road
kesgrave
ipswich
Suffolk
ip5 1bn
United Kingdom

Phone: 01473 624069
Email: [email protected]

I now Buy 95% of my Fish and Shrimps,Snails etc from here via Ebay.

Variety - 10 - Always changing and Excellent choice
Quality - 10 - Never had a problem with them or delivery of Fish
Staff - 10 - Excellent communication at all times, and responds to questions within 1/2hr.

UK

rare aqautics

Rare Aquatics
Unit 7 Atec Court, Lancaster Fields
CREWE
Cheshire
CW1 6FF

they have a nice aray of rare and wild fish and order in any you would like...
never had any issues with them
i bought the 2ft tank some guppies,a blue apple snail and a golden apple snail from these guys they know what theyre talking about :good:

---------------------------------------------------
Kidsgrove tropicals
Kidsgrove Tropicals

Kidsgrove Tropicals & Water Garden Centre,
6 Hardingswood Road,
Kidsgrove,
Stoke on Trent,
Staffordshire,
ST7 1EF

These Guys get some amazing fish stock,
including some HM bettas :hyper:
Bought a red HM from them, a PK betta :wub:
and an african butterfly fish all there fish are healthy only witnessed one dead fish due too bullies in the tank (tetras)
x

http://www.worldofwater.co.uk/pages/Gloucester.html?id=25

Highfield Garden Centre
Whitminster
Gloucester
Gloucester
GL2 7PB

They sell lots, Pond fish, Tropical fish, hardy fish ect.
Even sell lots of kit too, Not the cheapest (compared to the internet) but it's our ''local'' fish shop.

It's where we have purchased most of our kit and all of our fish.

Variety: Good choice, (although have seen dead fish NOT cleared up from tanks when alerted staff)
Quality: Overall, Good I think.. NOT the best prices, but compared to 'AquaJardin' already mentioned on this thread, they are cheaper for fish. (They have deals on.)
Staff: Polite, Friendly although some didn't care less about dead fish in the tank, but the manager has given us 'free gifts' in the past.

My LFS :

Living Waters
28 Beddington Lane
Croydon
Surrey
CR0 4TB
Tel: 020 8680 3533

Variety : 7

Quality : 10

Service : 10
Mine too-very helpful-have a 16' tank with 2 30 year old giraffe cats too-worth a visit to see them!

http://stores.ebay.c...grave-Tropicals

Kesgrave Tropicals
122 main road
kesgrave
ipswich
Suffolk
ip5 1bn
United Kingdom

Phone: 01473 624069
Email: [email protected]

I now Buy 95% of my Fish and Shrimps,Snails etc from here via Ebay.

Variety - 10 - Always changing and Excellent choice
Quality - 10 - Never had a problem with them or delivery of Fish
Staff - 10 - Excellent communication at all times, and responds to questions within 1/2hr.

happy days!! ive lond admired their fish and shrimp on ebay , didnt realise trhey were in ipswich . thats only about a 20 minute drive for me . bonus!!especially as im toying with the idea of doing a shrimp tank next year, they have got some gorgeous species

Another for the South-East (Kent).

Aylesford Aquatics.
365 London Rd
Aylesford
ME20 7QA

Variety: 6
Quality: 8
Staff: 9
Prices: 8

Great little fish store. They can get stuff in on order for you, and they know what they're talking about. Reasonable prices, and when I wanted to take some fish back to them for a bigger tank, they gave me credit and I picked different fish that were more adequate for my tank.

The staff are really personable, and make you feel welcome and are always happy to even have a trivial chat about fish in general or specific species. The shop layout is pretty good, with most of the equipment on entrance to the shop... the fish and tanks are at the back. They also care about fishkeeping in general and seem very responsible. They don't have an extremely large variety of fish, but the fish they do stock are in great condition.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back