Thread for sharing art

Oooh I love the zebra! You should try selling that one, I think it would sell!
OMG that means soooo much to me!! 😍 My dad already got it for free though🫠 lol. My friend (she knits like PERFECTLY) says we should sell our things on etsy together, maybe we will...:)
I’m honored that you’d use me for practice 😊
I've used you for practice like a lot, but I've lost most of the paintings arround the house...🫠😅
 
OMG that means soooo much to me!! 😍 My dad already got it for free though🫠 lol. My friend (she knits like PERFECTLY) says we should sell our things on etsy together, maybe we will...:)

I've used you for practice like a lot, but I've lost most of the paintings arround the house...🫠😅
Etsy is good, but very very hard to make sales on as an artist. I think your best bet is local Facebook groups and having friends and family share your work to get started. I am more sales through friends and sharing locally than Etsy despite hundreds of listings and constantly sharing my Etsy stuff online
 
Etsy is good, but very very hard to make sales on as an artist. I think your best bet is local Facebook groups and having friends and family share your work to get started. I am more sales through friends and sharing locally than Etsy despite hundreds of listings and constantly sharing my Etsy stuff online
So if I advertise my etsy shop on local fb groups wouldn't it be the same with selling directly in the group? I'm asking cause all I have permission to do is etsy for now by my parents, I can tell them about fb groups though :)
 
So if I advertise my etsy shop on local fb groups wouldn't it be the same with selling directly in the group? I'm asking cause all I have permission to do is etsy for now by my parents, I can tell them about fb groups though :)
It’s possible! In my experience though you’re more likely to get buyers as an artist if they see you as a person and not a product 😊
 
It’s possible! In my experience though you’re more likely to get buyers as an artist if they see you as a person and not a product 😊
Thanks for sharing your experience!! I found a nice local group for art sales, I might be able to cinvince my parents...☺️
 
A few quick water colour paintings I did for practice :)
 

Attachments

  • 20230126_194523.webp
    20230126_194523.webp
    255.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Trees.webp
    Trees.webp
    460.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Pink Tree.webp
    Pink Tree.webp
    145.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Pink Rose.webp
    Pink Rose.webp
    337.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Nature Road.webp
    Nature Road.webp
    353.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Mountains.webp
    Mountains.webp
    448.9 KB · Views: 136

Most reactions

Back
Top