'the Slow Burner' - Pics & Vid 21/08

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The 6 additional bronze corys and the 2 juvi angels have been transferred to main tank and seem fine after the initial 24hrs.

Added a few more crypts so that the rams have a bit more cover.

Saw a Twig Catfish - Farlowella yesterday as well. They were in the LFS when I was buying the crypts so decided to treat myself

And that's it, think the tank stock is now done!

6 angels
6 Bolivians
25 neons
8 harlequins
11 bronze/albino corys
1 twig catfish
1 BN

hmmmm......how long until I can convert it to a Mbuna tank??? :lol:

The 6 additional bronze corys and the 2 juvi angels have been transferred to main tank and seem fine after the initial 24hrs.

Added a few more crypts so that the rams have a bit more cover.

Saw a Twig Catfish - Farlowella yesterday as well. They were in the LFS when I was buying the crypts so decided to treat myself

And that's it, think the tank stock is now done!

6 angels
6 Bolivians
25 neons
8 harlequins
11 bronze/albino corys
1 twig catfish
1 BN

hmmmm......how long until I can convert it to a Mbuna tank??? :lol:

What decent LFS's are there near you ? Im often up Surrey way :)

I Read this from top to bottom, Woah man thats a decent tank, and 155 pound for the tank :eek: where did you get it?

Looks amazing! Keep it up.
Im looking to do the same sort of thing.

What decent LFS's are there near you ? Im often up Surrey way :)

The ones I use are

Ashford Aquatics - nice little independant near Heathrow
Maidenheads in Ascot (nearest to me), Bracknell (interesting choice of dwarf cichlids, killis and plenty of marines), Staines (small but close!) and Waterworld Staines (very reasonable prices)

I Read this from top to bottom, Woah man thats a decent tank, and 155 pound for the tank :eek: where did you get it?

Looks amazing! Keep it up.
Im looking to do the same sort of thing.

thanks Snake.

Got the tank from eBay......spent several months searching for something affordable and good looking and happy that the wait paid off.

I enjoyed reading your journal! I am moving back to freshwater after a couple of years doing saltwater so I currently have an empty 55 gallon (US gallons) tank sitting in my living room and have been going over stocking lists for days. Since I've got a smaller tank, my numbers won't be the same as yours but I want angels, bolivians, cories...and then whatever goes with them (love the neons/harlequins).

Looks great!

I enjoyed reading your journal! I am moving back to freshwater after a couple of years doing saltwater so I currently have an empty 55 gallon (US gallons) tank sitting in my living room and have been going over stocking lists for days. Since I've got a smaller tank, my numbers won't be the same as yours but I want angels, bolivians, cories...and then whatever goes with them (love the neons/harlequins).

Looks great!

thank you!

I'd advocate the halequins over the neons. The harlequins always swim togehter whereas the neons do tend to scatter and aren't as appealing for that reason, IMO.

The Odd Couple are spawning again. Think this is only the second time (unless they've been at it whilst I've been away). The female is showing some lovely green iridescents in her scales. Sadly I don't have a decent camera with me to capture it. They've also placed the eggs in an awkward place for photos.....the swines!

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2025.jpg

and eggs were gone by the morning. Possible culprit? Take your pick.....

Bristlenose
2 twig catfish (although I thought these very strictly veggies?)
The parents - they have a reputation.

Parents imo. I would get them in their own tank and let them spawn. They're cracking Angels to let go to waste! Their young will fly out if you ask me.

Parents imo. I would get them in their own tank and let them spawn. They're cracking Angels to let go to waste! Their young will fly out if you ask me.

I would love to do a little breeding project with them, but the only place available is the garden shed. Don't really fancy setting the 125L up down there during winter. A spring/summer project for sure.....

Definitely not a winter project, even a mild winter like we're having... but doing it over the summer would be great - definitely cracking journal material.

I think you would do well with them and would be able to flog em off easy enough too. :)

Any new FTS pics? Seeking inspiration you see... :lol:

I think you would do well with them and would be able to flog em off easy enough too. :)

Any new FTS pics? Seeking inspiration you see... :lol:

the FTS is a bit ragged at the moment, the STV (side tank view!) makes it look much better!

Needs to be filled out with crypts and still hunting for a LARGE piece of wood go between the vallis and crypts.

Most reactions

Back