The journal of my new tank (suggested by someone on the thread)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If your parents absolutely refuse to let to rehome the platy, you will have to keep it.

Hard water is water that contains a lot of calcium and magnesium. Fish which come from hard water have evolved so their bodies excrete most of these minerals. When they are put in soft water, they continue to excrete them but as there aren't many minerals in soft water, they can't take up enough to replace the amount they excrete. This causes physical stress, which results in a lowered immune system and the fish is more susceptible to disease.
What this boils down to is the platy won't live as long as it would in hard water. But if you are not allowed to rehome it, just make sure you give it as good a life as you can.

You can return a fish. Try calling the store you bought it from and ask if you can return it. (Explain the situation with your water hardness)

You can respectfully tell your parents that. ^
i try to be reasonable but they don't really respect that i know more than them with certain things and i try to explain i will talk to the store as well to get the platy somewhere better so they can live long and live happy

If your parents absolutely refuse to let to rehome the platy, you will have to keep it.

Hard water is water that contains a lot of calcium and magnesium. Fish which come from hard water have evolved so their bodies excrete most of these minerals. When they are put in soft water, they continue to excrete them but as there aren't many minerals in soft water, they can't take up enough to replace the amount they excrete. This causes physical stress, which results in a lowered immune system and the fish is more susceptible to disease.
What this boils down to is the platy won't live as long as it would in hard water. But if you are not allowed to rehome it, just make sure you give it as good a life as you can.
ok will do if i have to:(

i try to be reasonable but they don't really respect that i know more than them with certain things and i try to explain i will talk to the store as well to get the platy somewhere better so they can live long and live happy
Try to explain, if they say no, you will have to keep them. :(

20210319_203859.jpg
20210319_203922.jpg

20210319_204025.jpg

These are the pieces that attach to the lid 1 is missing and 1 is broken in half but still covers the lid well

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back