The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks guys!

No, it's a really easy plant to look after in my experience. It is a bulb plant so you just place it so that the bulb is only partially buried and away it goes. The leaves will go to the surface if you let them but I'm trying to train mine to stay small by removing any leaves that look like they are going to shoot up to the surface. So far so good! I'm on my phone just now but if you go back to my first post you'll see the specific type of lotus it is. I found it on eBay, I'll dig up the link if you want :)

The camera is just a compact point and shoot really. It's a Fuji FinePix F300EXR. The key is to get to know your manual mode really well - you'll get far better pictures than with auto mode.

OHMIGODthatissogorgeousandepicIloveangelsandyourkittyissoooooooooooocute!
Sorry, couldn't resist, LOL. I love planted tanks and angelfish. The smooth gold one is sooooo pretty!
How big do angels get?
wub.png
wub.png
wub.png

I love your cat, s/he looks just like one I used to have, except mine was gray instead of black. I still miss her
no.gif

Thanks! Angels get to about 10cm long - none of mine have reached their full size yet :)

I caught my espei rasboras in the act recently and I found their spawning behaviour really interesting. I've got some photos and videos I thought I'd show you guys 
smile.png

Sorry the videos are so often out of focus, my digital camera isn't brilliant for video 
pinch.png

http://youtu.be/kesOfTge47M

http://youtu.be/iip2YyQJ0pg

yes very intresting, id love to see what the fry would look like.

Wow, thats so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Shame about no fry, could always be a future project for you though :)

Hello All! It's been so long since I posted an update I can't remember what I need to update you on lol.

You may remember that I had two poorly angels with a mysterious illness - they both have fully recovered and have been healthy for some time now. One of the symptoms was tail rot, unfortunately, my lovely female koi's tail hasn't grown back perfectly so she's got this exaggerated fan shape to her tail now - it's such a shame but at least she is healthy! I was able to reintroduce my large gold male who was being overly aggressive and it's gone perfectly. I think the combination of keeping him out of the tank for an extended period of time and adding another three angels while he was absent has done the trick. There isn't any aggression at all but then there haven't been any spawn attempts yet either.  

Speaking of spawns, my BN pleco pair have spawned and are looking like they are at it again as of today 
smile.png
 I added a couple of these black ceramic breeding caves from Rare Aquatics (Size 3) and they are brilliant. The plecs love them, they are the perfect size and the colour blends in really well with my Unipac Limpopo sand.

914351361353.png

I also added two nebra nerite snails, mainly because my anubias has some GSA and I think diatoms on it but the don't touch the plants lol - they have done a brilliant job at stripping any remaining bark off my dried heather though! They also do a good job at keeping the glass clean at the sand line, so not completely useless 
tongue.png

Plant wise, I'm pretty disappointed with the look of the tank at the moment. I've started another thread moaning about it but basically nothing is growing very well and I'm getting the occasional melting leaf with all plants. The angels ate all of the weeping moss, lobelia cardinalis dwarfand limnophilia aromatica so I need to replace those with something else. AND my stinking background is coming off - boooo! 

OK now for the fun bit. I haven't been active on the forums much but that doesn't mean that I haven't been a busy bee with my camera 
smile.png
 I just realised some of these are old so the angels who were poorly are still looking a little tatty - I need to get some new ones of them!

Oh, and some plec pictures. I'm really pleased with these 
ahappy.png

My handsome boy!

I had a distinct feeling those cheek spikes were aimed at me!

And the pretty girl 
tongue.png
 - I love my plecs, can you tell?

Oh and this is just from my phone but I managed to get all 8 cories in one picture so had to share!

Some very beautiful pictures, my favorite ones being of the plecos!
Sorry to hear the plants are going quite the way you'd like, hope you get some help in your other thread :)

Thanks 
biggrin.png

A couple of FTS as well - so you can see just how much the plants AREN'T GROWING 
mad.gif
 The wood at the top looks kinda cool but is really just there because it doesn't want to sink - I foolishly let it dry out lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back