Tattoos

tattoos are very much art i 5 myself an wanting more. iv also drawn designs for friends. some good tattoos you all got there. :good:

Wow lots of cool tattoos, i started one on my leg like two years ago but still havent worked on it since
i moved 2 hours away from where my artist lives and havent had the money really yet

when i got it we were roommates (artist and i) i had drawn the pic a year before and was waiting to get it done, one day i was about to give him a ride to the shop he worked at and he said 'if your bored today lets do that tat on your leg, i wont charge you for today' so i was like HECK YEAH!

this is the outline on my leg i drew it, and i still love it to this day just need to draw out the rest and get it finished!
tat.jpg

and obviously i have the one on my arm in my avatar, also still unfinished, same guy did it but it was his design this time.

Tattoo's are definatly a form of art. I've got 4, planning to get 4 more. If done correctly and skillfully, a tattoo can be just as impressive as any painted master piece.

I myself believe that they are art in more than one way. To me they are art in the traditional sense as being a drawing on skin. I also believe them to be art in the sense that they are an expression of one's self. We get our tattoos to express how we feel or because it's a piece of someone elses art that speaks to us as collectors. Say a man walks into an art gallery and sees a painting on the wall that he just can't live without. He buys said painting and brings it home to hang on his wall. He likes this painting because to him it expresses how he feels inside. Is that not a form of art? Art is all about expression. Feelings. Perception. Who's to say if it's art? Art can be found anywhere. It's the thing that makes you feel because of what you see. Plain and simple. It's a visual that sparks a feeling inside you.

By the way I have nineteen tattos and want plenty more.

If anyone is interested I will post pictures.

I only have 2 tattoos at the moment, a small black thorny rose on my right inner calf and a red heart with 2 snakes intertwined over it on my left outer calf, my OH has the same tattoo in the same place, we got them on our 2nd wedding anniversary. I'm planning on getting a few more, on my arms, maybe 1 big one on my back and a couple more on my legs, I just have to get around to saving money up for them all rather then spending it on fish :lol:

yes they should be classed as art, the work some of those tattoo artists do are simply incredible! i have a lot of heavily tattooed friends, two who go to amsterdam (from london) especially to get tattooed by this one guy. he does incredibly fine work, and fine lines a very difficult on skin!

is that Henky Penky?

Most reactions

Back