Tattoos

And this is what I drew for bf to get. It's a catfish. His friend's mother gave him that nickname way back in the day so he wanted a catfish tattoo....
catfish1.jpg

Don't have a pic of the tattoo on him. I did but I must've deleted it for some reason :\ It's basically the same as the picture though. They changed the water to a more traditional tattoo water design which I'm glad for b/c I think mind totally sucks heh.

No pics of my tattoos though... MUAHAHAHA

that's awesome!! be hard to get a tat done with those colourings on though, so bright and vivid. would look absolutely amazing though.

Definitely art - I'm planning my 1st but have been for quite a while cos I'm chicken of any pain really.
My wife is an artist so she did a pencil drawing of a red indian a few years ago that I have framed and hung in my living room. Planning on having that done on the top of my arm or top of my back.

Question is - is it painful to have done - remembering I'm scarred of needles

you'll get a million different answers to that question i'm afraid.

it depends on your pain threshold and what your having done and where and also on the skill of your tattooist.

personally i don't think they're too bad, the worst part for me is when it's scabbed over and healing for a couple of weeks afterwards it itches enormously, and you can't scratch is as if you knock scabs off you can ruin that bit of your tat.

all you have to think about though is that it's painful for maybe an hr or two while it's being done, then sore for 2/3 days and just itchy and annoying for a week or so more.

that's 2 weeks out of your life, not a long time really is it and you'll soon forget how much it hurt and jusy enjoy your tattoo so in my mind it's all worth it. :)

I just have to summon up the courage to get it done now - i've been in the studio in Wolverhampton and shown them a pic and they say "yep - no problems" so now i just need to book and appointment to get it sorted

Well I can only tell you my personal experiences with getting tattoos.. the one on my leg didn't really hurt that bad. Like a bee sting. Helps that the calf is a beefy part though.
But my back however hurt like an SOB. It seriously felt like someone taking a razorblade to my back and constantly slicing it. It probably doesn't help that the tattoo guy though wasn't that good though.

I know the ones that bf has.. they're both on his shoulders (on each arm)... and he said his didn't hurt at all.
My brother also has alot of tattoos.. and the first one he has is on his forearm. I remember him telling me that it was ok until they started getting near his wrist.
So yeah.. I'm pretty sure it's usually that less meaty areas hurt more.

No doubt tatoos are art but unfortunately, they can cause problems later on if in conspicous places. I've seen qualified people not get jobs in the corporate world because they had them in places that were deemed inappropriate such as on arms for men and legs for women. I've also known one person that went through the painful process of having one removed because they didn't want it any more. They got it (a girlfriend's name) in a drunken stupor and had to have it removed because of disapproval from later girlfriends.

I agree with rdd1952.
I've never had one done to be honest.

I agree, a lot of it does depend on where you have them. A colleague of mine had them removed from his hands, he'd done them himself when he was younger and regretted it. He had to visit the laser surgery every couple of weeks for months and suffered a lot of pain in the process. For the first couple of days after the surgery, he struggled to move his hands because it hurt so much.
I'm all for people having tattoos as long as they think long and hard about it first. I've got one myself and will end up getting a couple more but more than likely have them where they are not too obvious.

yeah i've always been careful with the loaction of mine, none of them are in places that can't be covered easily if I want to. Most of the time Ian's the only person that sees them :rolleyes:

Of course, they are art. The tattooist is an artist. His creation is art. It would be considered art if it were on paper, so why not if it is on skin? I have several and would love more, but hubby says NO.

Art is whatever you believe it to be (that doen't sound as intelligent in print as it did in my head).
To be honest i couldn't claim any but one of my tattoos are art, unless of the lowest order....
Speaking of bad tattoo decisions i still have my ex-ex-ex-ex etc s name on my right forearm, or the lovely heart with an arrow through it and 'never again' in swirly writing on my chest :flex: what a plonker!
Anyway the 1 tattoo i have that i actually like;
Gerisphotos041.jpg

Simple and generic but purdy nontheless...

I would never in billions of years get a tattoo :sick: besides after when you’re old the cells on your body change and so eventually if just looks like a smudge. u can also devolve cancer too.
I guess they are art, any drawing is art.

i agree that tats are art, i have a small one of the chinese symbol for horse over my heart (easily concealed lol), and i thought long and hard before getting it, as obviously it would have to be appropriate for me for my whole life. It is something that i can look at and be reminded of what is significant to me...kind of like a portable/ever present inspiration card.
that sounded really cheesy but i'm sure you get what i mean.

yeah i think they should be classified as an art form, some of these designs are just plain old GORGEOUS.

Most reactions

Back