Take Over The Newsletter.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fantastic, looks fantastic tag well done!

Now just wait and see what the mods say.

Kieth U Got Mail.......

What about a section that covers the hot topics on the boards and maybe links to them for those who may have been busy and missed all the best threads of the month?

Im not much of a writer so will leave all you wordsmiths to that but let me know if I can do anything else once it gets going if the Mods give you their Thumbs up!!

All the best.. :good:

Kieth U Got Mail.......

What about a section that covers the hot topics on the boards and maybe links to them for those who may have been busy and missed all the best threads of the month?

Im not much of a writer so will leave all you wordsmiths to that but let me know if I can do anything else once it gets going if the Mods give you their Thumbs up!!

Hehe, happy 200th post!

Kieth U Got Mail.......

Hehe, happy 200th post!

Heeheehee I never noticed that,, Now im a Fish A Holic!! Whoo Hoo lol

I could help, if required, I'm ok on Photoshop and Quark.

i also think the "current hot topics" section would be a good idea.

I could help, if required, I'm ok on Photoshop and Quark.

i also think the "current hot topics" section would be a good idea.

Well, I thought I'd put my two cents in, having served as the moderator who was working with the Newsletter in the past. Me and SH, were doing this, but I had taken over. I like the layout so far. But, there is nothing written, and frankly, I'd like the make sure that the articles submitted are of quality. Having been through several attempted "resurections" of the Newsletter, my main concern is that interest dwindles and that we are left without a Newsletter, or a few individuals are left doing the bulk of the work.

I don't mind serving as a general editor and supervisor of the Newsletter, should you want moderator involvement and there is a section of the forum specifically designed for the Newsletter team to work.

I am ever the optimist, Keithoms, send me you plans and what you have so far, including your list of volunteers and their tasks. I'd like to have this work this time.

It does need an article on plants, though, which I happen to have, so Aaron, there is something for you. :)

llj

EDIT: Here is the link to the section of the forum where you can work.

http://www.fishforums.net/category/95/Newsletter-Press/

ok how about putting some topics up and asking contributors to write an article on any or all. we could then pass them on to the mods for review. I agree you cant make anything up, until you know the article length and how it breaks down. pleasing and informing articles are not just about what's written, but how it is set out, the fonts used and now many, are just if not more important. you cant simply make up a template, well you can but they don't look good, and produce a page. they need adjusted with each article.

1 - mod feature - one of the mods and their tanks
2 - disease feature - focus on one disease and details of how it happens, how to cure, different meds etc
3 - beginners article - just something fairly basic for people just starting out
4 - in depth article - summat sciency or indepth on one aspect of fish keeping, something a bit more advanced basically
5 - species profile - just pick one species each month and do a detailed profile for it

Honestly? The problem with that is (as happened in the previous newsletter) it ends up as someone pretty much copying and pasting things already on the forum but perhaps phrased slightly differently. There's very little to write about that hasn't already been covered, in depth, in the forum. Also don't forget that what might interest, say, the community tank keepers is really not at all readable to many other 'groups'. This is why many people dislike fishkeeping magazines like PFK- the articles aren't often relevant unless you keep planted community tanks or reefs. Also factor in the 'different strokes for different folks' aspect of fishkeeping and it's no wonder the last attempt didn't hang around for long.

Also
6 - Member of the month
7 - Picture of the month
just isn't do-able. There have been numerous topics about various 'OTM' competitions and, apart from the usual 'yeah that wud be a gud idea :good:' posts, the answer has been a resounding 'no' for various sensible reasons.

i'm quite good with livebearers, bettas the odd pleco and disease, also how about good beginer fish for newbies?

Ok, after talks with lldjma :ring: , the newsletter IS HAPPENING! :cake:

All of the 8 volounteers, and any more who want to, pick a job from the list and post here.

1 - mod feature - one of the mods and their tanks
2 - disease feature - focus on one disease and details of how it happens, how to cure, different meds etc
3 - beginners article - just something fairly basic for people just starting out
4 - in depth article - summat sciency or indepth on one aspect of fish keeping, something a bit more advanced basically
5 - species profile - just pick one species each month and do a detailed profile for it
6 - Member of the month
7 - Picture of the month
8 - Agony aunt

i wouldn't mind doing the species profile, have kept quite a few different fish over the years and am eager to research those i haven't

Most reactions

Back