Super simple 5 minute sponge filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
ok then what about a standard filter pad? i'm thinking about the fluval ones....

and also is an air stone really neccessary?? i was just thinking that larger bubbles would be stonger to pull the water up??

i just emptied nearly a whole tub of flake food ready for me to make one of these!!!

(edit)
Just had another thought!! for those posh people who dont want an old food tub stuck in their tanks, you could always stick some tank backing on there so it blends in!!!

Standard filter pad is fine. Airstone isn't necessary - in fact, after teswting mine, I would agree and say yes, the larger bubbles are more effective.

Well... That was a matter I was not sure about.

If you are using an airstone, keeping it VERY slightly (not more than 3mm) above the water line will improve performance.

I think this is less important without an airstone.

okay i really didn't want to post this for obvious reasons but i dont get it...

how on earth does that circulate water. all i can workout is your blowing air through a sponge which will then bubble out the top. like an airstone????? confused

i'm obviously extremly thick - please can someone explain how this works i wanna make one now.

rising air causes water to be pulled into the sponge part...works in the same manner as an undergravel filter that uses air stones and an uplift tube to suck debris into the filter

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back