Strange White Film In Cycling Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sweeteybabey

Reaction score
I've been cycling my tank for a few days (with flakes and Fritz Zyme 7), and I was wondering if anyone else has had this white film? I haven't tested the parameters yet (I'm planning to on Monday), but I just need to know if this is something harmful or just a natural part of the cycle? It seemed to start growing on/near my flakes.
IMG_20210513_210231.jpg

Rotting food slime....you need to test params ASAP, with a liquid test kit...if you overdo it on ammonia to start out with, the cycle may never happen, and you'll have to start over

Cycling with rotting food is more difficult than cycling with pure ammonia, because you can't control the ammonia amount

Rotting food slime....you need to test params ASAP, with a liquid test kit...if you overdo it on ammonia to start out with, the cycle may never happen, and you'll have to start over

Cycling with rotting food is more difficult than cycling with pure ammonia, because you can't control the ammonia amount
i think they should vaccum it, it is pretty icky and maybe will get into the sand

I just tested for ammonia and it's between 0.50 and 1.0ppm, is that good for cycling?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back