Starting to get VERY irritated at this site now...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Google Chrome is not really the best choice as it has been proven to be not very secure. I strongly suggest that you look at Firefox.
Its just what's easiest to use for me... I dont know what other mobile search engine to use. I love Google's interface and how it looks. Especially when using it for TFF

Google Chrome is not really the best choice as it has been proven to be not very secure. I strongly suggest that you look at Firefox.
I was a huge Firefox fan, until I discovered one even more secure, stable, and fast....Brave

Its just what's easiest to use for me... I dont know what other mobile search engine to use. I love Google's interface and how it looks. Especially when using it for TFF
We seem to be talking two different things.When I suggest Firefox I mean that as a web browser, not a search engine. For a search engine I would suggest Bing as you will not get as many paid for results.

We seem to be talking two different things.When I suggest Firefox I mean that as a web browser, not a search engine. For a search engine I would suggest Bing as you will not get as many paid for results.
Brave is a browser, says so in the description of the link I provided, lol....DuckDuckGo is my search engine of choice

🤮
Honestly. I use an android too. But it's as "de-googled" as it can be and for browser I have Firefox and brave. They're both consumer-oriented and brave is based on chromium so you'll be familiar right away, (I had previously wrote that Firefox is too, but that's incorrect) but by default both are protective of your privacy, with brave being, currently, the superior option as they seem truly intent on staying neutral and pro-customer choice, whereas Mozilla has shown a few times that they're willing to compromise and sacrifice certain service aspects to appease certain viewpoints.

I include both as being the same thing
🤮
Honestly. I use an android too. But it's as "de-googled" as it can be and for browser I have Firefox and brave. They're both consumer-oriented and brave is based on chromium so you'll be familiar right away, (I had previously wrote that Firefox is too, but that's incorrect) but by default both are protective of your privacy, with brave being, currently, the superior option as they seem truly intent on staying neutral and pro-customer choice, whereas Mozilla has shown a few times that they're willing to compromise and sacrifice certain service aspects to appease certain viewpoints.
I will try it :)
Doesn't mean I'll like it

🤮
+1 to the above...

@OliveFish05, the adblocker I have is working very well. I will link it to you if you want. The only downside is that it notifies you when it blocks an ad. But if you swipe up on the notification it goes away. Its definitely less annoying than the video ads

@OliveFish05, the adblocker I have is working very well. I will link it to you if you want. The only downside is that it notifies you when it blocks an ad. But if you swipe up on the notification it goes away. Its definitely less annoying than the video ads
I logged out and logged back in and I think it fixed it! But thank you!

You techy guys, can you help a luddite out please?
I'm currently using an old Toshiba laptop that is struggling, but still useable. Years ago I used to use Chrome as a browser, but a tech friend told me it was a memory hog, and to switch to Opera, and I did. it improved the performance on that laptop anyway. Carried on using Opera for a long time, but when I found this laptop struggling with load times etc, even after running CCleaner, I looked for more recent reviews of browsers. Read that Opera has gone downhill, including in the memory hogging department, and that surprisingly, Microsoft Edge was pretty good. So I've been using that. I don't mind continuing to use it as a browser, but not sure what ad blocker to use with it, and I'd love to block ads at least on youtube. Also open to switching browser, have heard good things about Brave for privacy too.

You techy guys, can you help a luddite out please?
I'm currently using an old Toshiba laptop that is struggling, but still useable. Years ago I used to use Chrome as a browser, but a tech friend told me it was a memory hog, and to switch to Opera, and I did. it improved the performance on that laptop anyway. Carried on using Opera for a long time, but when I found this laptop struggling with load times etc, even after running CCleaner, I looked for more recent reviews of browsers. Read that Opera has gone downhill, including in the memory hogging department, and that surprisingly, Microsoft Edge was pretty good. So I've been using that. I don't mind continuing to use it as a browser, but not sure what ad blocker to use with it, and I'd love to block ads at least on youtube. Also open to switching browser, have heard good things about Brave for privacy too.
I recommend Brave, ad blocker already built in

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back