Small Fish

Woah, I didn't know Celestial Pearl Danios where Galaxy Rasboras... Whatever :dunno:...

Where did Celestial Pearl Danios get mentioned????? I said in my opening post I didn't want Danios. and have never said Galxy Rasboras were Pearl Danios. I think I would just about notice the difference in colour between them!!!!

At the moment my stock list would be:
10 Galaxy Rasboras
4 Pygmy Corys
4/5 Sparkling (Pygmy) Gouramis

Andy
 
Matty, did you get that info from here? http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/cyprinid.../pearldanio.htm ? Personally I wouldn't take any of that info for a grain of salt (first googled for most fish but bad information) nice try though ;)

I'm actually talking about the Celestichthys margaritatus


Woah, I didn't know Celestial Pearl Danios where Galaxy Rasboras... Whatever :dunno:...

Where did Celestial Pearl Danios get mentioned????? I said in my opening post I didn't want Danios. and have never said Galxy Rasboras were Pearl Danios. I think I would just about notice the difference in colour between them!!!!

At the moment my stock list would be:
10 Galaxy Rasboras
4 Pygmy Corys
4/5 Sparkling (Pygmy) Gouramis

Andy

Disuslova mentioned the Celestial Pearl Danios...
 
I might be wrong but a paradise fish may work?

Paradise Fish (Macropodus opercularis) grow up to 4-5" and require a minimum of 20 gallons...
Macropodus Opercularis, the paradise gourami, can live colorfully in a gallon fishbowl. I'm guessing that room is breeding space.
Erm.... Jourdy, is that a troll or just plain ol' ignorance?
Almost any fish that fits can live in a fish bowl, doesn't make it a sensible, responsible or healthy thing to do.......
:no:

OK, I guess it isn't the most pleasant thing, but thats how it first started for them, because they withstood drafts, cold, in Englands castles, all while living in bowls smaller. Anyhow, I do suppose they would want more swimming space, so 8 gallons, correct me if I'm ignorant, could be enough, and the fish are not at all sensitive to nitrates, unless in the very extreme extremes (for a fish) I say one is fine. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Or, if you like, go for DWARF croaking gouramis.
 
OK, I guess it isn't the most pleasant thing, but thats how it first started for them, because they withstood drafts, cold, in Englands castles, all while living in bowls smaller. Anyhow, I do suppose they would want more swimming space, so 8 gallons, correct me if I'm ignorant, could be enough, and the fish are not at all sensitive to nitrates, unless in the very extreme extremes (for a fish) I say one is fine. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Or, if you like, go for DWARF croaking gouramis.

Tropical fish in england's castles? What planet are you from? Next you'll tell us HenryVII had a 10USG with 3 Zebra Plecs in it.

Andy
 
Tropical fish in england's castles? What planet are you from? Next you'll tell us HenryVII had a 10USG with 3 Zebra Plecs in it.

when did they start keeping fish though? I remember a museum in New York, I think, had a gold-and-glass goldfish bowl that used to live in some castle or other. I bet that was real pretty with goldies in it... until, y'know, they died because no one knew squat about keeping them alive :lol:

anyway, more on topic, this has been a very interesting thread. I've a 20 gallon i want to fill with nano fish :good:
 
Woah, I didn't know Celestial Pearl Danios where Galaxy Rasboras... Whatever :dunno: ...

Where did Celestial Pearl Danios get mentioned? ???? I said in my opening post I didn't want Danios. and have never said Galxy Rasboras were Pearl Danios. I think I would just about notice the difference in colour between them!!!!

At the moment my stock list would be:
10 Galaxy Rasboras
4 Pygmy Corys
4/5 Sparkling (Pygmy) Gouramis

Andy

I dunno if it's me, but.... isn't that a bit over stocked for an 8 gallon tank? :S
 
You may not have said that Celestial Pearl Danios where Galaxy Rasboras, but they are the same fish, as has been mentioned previously in the thread. After some genetic testing, they were classified as part of the danio family, not a rasbora. They're getting hard to find lately. If you're able to find them, you'd probably be happy with them.

On another note, it seems like that's a lot of fish for an 8G - as if I am one to talk about overstocking, though...

Woah, I didn't know Celestial Pearl Danios where Galaxy Rasboras... Whatever :dunno:...

Where did Celestial Pearl Danios get mentioned????? I said in my opening post I didn't want Danios. and have never said Galxy Rasboras were Pearl Danios. I think I would just about notice the difference in colour between them!!!!

At the moment my stock list would be:
10 Galaxy Rasboras
4 Pygmy Corys
4/5 Sparkling (Pygmy) Gouramis

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top