Small Fish

SuperColey1

Planted Section
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
4,952
Reaction score
32
Points
48
Location
Lincoln, UK
As per the title I am planning an 8USG Nano planted tank in the near future and am after suggestion of fish to go in it.

I have had a look at some Pygmy Corys so far but am also after a mid to top dwelling fish.

Please no suggestions of tetras or danios etc as these are far too active for such a small tank.

Also I don't want any livebearers.

Andy
 
I might be wrong but a paradise fish may work?
 
As per the title I am planning an 8USG Nano planted tank in the near future and am after suggestion of fish to go in it.

I have had a look at some Pygmy Corys so far but am also after a mid to top dwelling fish.

Please no suggestions of tetras or danios etc as these are far too active for such a small tank.

Also I don't want any livebearers.

Andy

Pearl Danios (Brachydanio albolineatus) are lively fish and do best in groups of 4+. They need a minimum of 20 gallons because they are so active.
 
How about Endler's Livebearers -_- ( think that is how it's spelled :blush: )

EDIT: Even though you don't want any livebearers I think you might like these ones :thumbs:
 
How about Endler's Livebearers -_- ( think that is how it's spelled :blush: )

Endlers (Poecilia wingei) would be a good addition. They are not too lively and they can live in tanks as small as 6USG. They do best in groups of 3+ and are very peaceful and colorful! :good:

Although they are livebearers
 
As per the title I am planning an 8USG Nano planted tank in the near future and am after suggestion of fish to go in it.

I have had a look at some Pygmy Corys so far but am also after a mid to top dwelling fish.

Please no suggestions of tetras or danios etc as these are far too active for such a small tank.

Also I don't want any livebearers.

Andy

Pearl Danios (Brachydanio albolineatus) are lively fish and do best in groups of 4+. They need a minimum of 20 gallons because they are so active.


Who said that? They only get to be like half an inch.... Anyways my bad :blush:


Anyways, how about a female Betta?
 
No I got it out of a book I got when I first started fishkeeping called Tropical Freshwater Fish (pretty original name if you ask me). I appologise for the wrong info :sad: .
 
Galaxy rasboras if you can get them.
Shrimps or snails.
Pygmy cories.
Bettas.
Microrasboras.
That's all that comes to mind, since you don't want livebearers.
 
TBH if I had a tank that size with descent filtration I would go for a DP
 
I agree with Matty that Danios do need to be kept in 20G absolute minimum or any other fish will just hide away all the time. They should be more than 6 though IME.

I don't want livebearers because I used to have a devils of a job getting rid of the fry every month to the point of having to euthanase them. I'm not going that route again.

Bettas are good i like them but I want a fish that doesn't limit my other choices and although I have been lucky in the past in that I had one that got on with all the other fish (in this same tank) I want fish that don't detract from the plants. More fish to complement them.

Rasboras are quite easy to get but I might think about micro Rasboras.

Keep the suggestions coming though.

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top