BullTerrierChild11 2
Fish Fanatic
I have a 7 inch Rhino Pleco in my 75-gallon aquarium that I purchased about 3 months ago. From when I first got it, its stomach seemed sunken in. I don't know if it has parasites because I never see feces from it, and it seems to be exhibiting regular Pleco behavior. It sticks to one area of glass almost 24/7, ignoring the algae on the other sides of the tank. I know that this absolutely cannot be a Pleco's main food source, but it quickly ate all of the algae from my tank within the first day of being added. I also drop in algae wafers for the Pleco and my cichlids, but I have no way of knowing if it is eating them; all the wafers are cleared out by morning but the stomach still looks sunken in. It has never shown interest in them from what I see.
I considered the possibility of the Pleco being afraid of my larger fish, but it seems relatively unfazed when they come up to its side of the tank to watch me coming down the stairs (It does sometimes move around a little, but I believe that it's capable of holding its ground regarding food). I am considering the fact that maybe it doesn't recognize the wafers as food.
Because I can't identify any disease due to the circumstances, I would like to see it I can get my Pleco to eat more first. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I currently have Garlic Guard if that would work, and I plan to start feeding zucchini in the near future, especially if it proves that it can recognize it as a food source.
Thank you!
I considered the possibility of the Pleco being afraid of my larger fish, but it seems relatively unfazed when they come up to its side of the tank to watch me coming down the stairs (It does sometimes move around a little, but I believe that it's capable of holding its ground regarding food). I am considering the fact that maybe it doesn't recognize the wafers as food.
Because I can't identify any disease due to the circumstances, I would like to see it I can get my Pleco to eat more first. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I currently have Garlic Guard if that would work, and I plan to start feeding zucchini in the near future, especially if it proves that it can recognize it as a food source.
Thank you!







