Small Fish

I would have a male betta and some pygmy cories x
 
Boraras maculata would be ideal. Any microrasbora would look great.

Hyphessobrycon amandae (Ember tetras) stay small and are not too active, but you will need a decent amount if you don`t want them to be too timid. I have ten in 6USG.

Dave.
 
Everyone, the guy said he doesn't want tetras, danios or livebearers, so why are so many people suggesting such fish to him?


Anyhoo...


How about a single male or female betta? Such a fish would thrive in a tank that focus's on lots of planting and has gentle filtration in it.

You could even skip getting more fish, and instead opt for a small herd of small shrimp like cherry shrimp, a few large snails like gaint golden apple snails or giant red ramshorn snails, and a few african dwarf frogs- it would be one way to have a lot of variety in a small tank :thumbs: .
 
I said no Bettas as well unfortunately in my second post.

So far it looks like pygmy corys with microrasboras and a few shrimp!!

Andy
 
I have a 7g that I'm re-setting up and I was going to go with 6 or 7 galaxy rasboras/celestial perl danios (what are they called this month? ;)) and try to breed them even. They actually sound easy to breed but I think it would be a nice challenge, and maybe help the species out.

Is this a tall or long tank, or a cube? What are the dimensions?
 
Ideal fish would be Pseudepiplatys annulatus,
Coupled with Corydoras habrosus.
Regards
BigC
 
Dave - You love your orange fish don't you. lol

Personally I'm not keen on orange against the green but thanks for the reply.

I'm actually looking at TriMar and thinking I'll get 4 Pygmy Corys and 10 Galaxy Rasboras with 10 Cherry Shrimp.

What do you think?

I wish I could put Dwarf Chain loaches (sidmithunki) but I think they'll get too large and possibly eat the galaxys lol

Andy
 
A couple of Trichopsis pumilus?
Obviously if you're still open to suggestions....
Edited for spelling -_-
 
Any links for them can't find anything apart from bird diseases when I copy that in the search

Andy
 
Nice one Germ. Just what I was after something different to complement the tank rather than the usual run of the mill fish.

I would of course add 4 of them (if I can find some) to the galaxys and corys (I always overload my tanks but then I'm always planted.

And TriMar have them too

Total for 10 Galaxies, 4 Pygmy Corys and 4 Pygmy Gourmais = £37+delivery. Nice price

Andy
 
Is it a tall or long tank? Pseudomugil gertrudae are quite nice but they are a bit fast swimming :rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top