Small Fish

No BigC like your fish but not really for me I'm afraid. skinny like a killi really and body coloured like a clown loach but cool and different. guess Im more boring than I thought. lol

Oh and thanks for the help with the fans. I wrote a little guide in the DIY/Hardware section from making mine and credited you in it for the idea and inspiration.

Andy
 
Hey! Each to his own Andy..
Sparkling gourami good 2nd choice though. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.
Regards
BigC
 
As per the title I am planning an 8USG Nano planted tank in the near future and am after suggestion of fish to go in it.

I have had a look at some Pygmy Corys so far but am also after a mid to top dwelling fish.

Please no suggestions of tetras or danios etc as these are far too active for such a small tank.

Also I don't want any livebearers.

Andy

I would say Dwarf Puffers but you stated you are looking at Pigmy Cory's, they would just end up as food snacks for the Puffers....ditch the Corys get some Otos and Amano Shrimp and you could do a really nice Dwarf Puffer tank
 
What are you doing to me Andy! You've got me trawling the internet lol
Erm, pygmy sunfish lol
 
Lol Its nice to get so much attention. lol

Not a fan of puffers I'm afraid ever since I saw 5 of them slowly taking apart a live archer fish in a P@H. Typical ofthem I know but put me off them.

BigC read the last post on page 2.

Andy
 
BigC read the last post on page 2.
Hey Andy,
Yeah I read your post on the fans and thanks for the mention, glad it was of some help to you in your venture.
Regards
BigC
 
I'd go with dwarf puffers. Even if they are aggressive sometimes, from the videos I've seen they can be quite charming.
 
That isn't great advice Jourdy.
Paradise fish need a heated and filtrated tank as well as swimming space. Keeping one in a 1G tank would be just as cruel as keeping a Betta in one.
 
I might be wrong but a paradise fish may work?

Paradise Fish (Macropodus opercularis) grow up to 4-5" and require a minimum of 20 gallons...
Macropodus Opercularis, the paradise gourami, can live colorfully in a gallon fishbowl. I'm guessing that room is breeding space.
Erm.... Jourdy, is that a troll or just plain ol' ignorance?
Almost any fish that fits can live in a fish bowl, doesn't make it a sensible, responsible or healthy thing to do.......
:no:
 
Not the best suggestion on here so far!!.

Paradise fish would most likely eat my galaxy rasboras and also I forgot to mention that this little tank is gonna be open topped!!! (not good news for a known jumper)

Also I'm not too keen on getting aggressive fish in a small tank like this. The Betta was OK in my 33USG but probs because it was much larger tank than most Bettas get!!!.

I think I'll give this a miss.

Thanks for trying though.

Andy
 
I think they started off as Galaxy Rasbora, but were re-classified after some further poking and prodding. Poor little buggers are nearly fished out of existence though :( Buy them responsibly ppl :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top