FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Mackamoora

Reaction score
ā€¼ļøPLEASE HELPā€¼ļø
Hello. Iā€™ve had my betta, Nilou, for about 1.5 years now. About two or more weeks ago I put him in a hospital tank, trying aquarium salt, Melafix, and other remedies to try and cure what I thought to be fin rot. I started noticing signs of illness about half a month before I switched her him into a hospital tank. Heā€™s now constantly laying at the bottom of the tank, completely bent. Heā€™s alive that for sure but he doesnā€™t actually swim, and hasnā€™t been for a while. Iā€™m really concerned, the internet is telling me a bunch of different things. What should I do? Is it time to euthanize him?
image.jpg

I think heā€™s probably on his way out ? Iā€™ve never been able to euthanize any of my fish, even though I hate to see them suffer. I wouldnā€™t think there could be a recovery though for him at this point.

It looks to me like he will probably die on his own before long. I've never been able to euthenize my fish but I know others do it.

I think heā€™s probably on his way out ? Iā€™ve never been able to euthanize any of my fish, even though I hate to see them suffer. I wouldnā€™t think there could be a recovery though for him at this point.
I agree, I donā€™t think there is anything more that I can do. ā˜¹ļø Iā€™ll clean up his space and make it nice for his last couple of days

It looks to me like he will probably die on his own before long. I've never been able to euthenize my fish but I know others do it.
Yes Iā€™ve seen videos of people doing so but I donā€™t think I can myself, Iā€™ll make his space comfortable for his last couple days, you are right, Iā€™ll let the process happen in its own ā˜¹ļø

Yes Iā€™ve seen videos of people doing so but I donā€™t think I can myself, Iā€™ll make his space comfortable for his last couple days, you are right, Iā€™ll let the process happen in its own ā˜¹ļø
That's what I've done. I just try to make them as comfortable as possible and try not to cry because it feels ridiculous to cry over a dying fish when you're a grown man. I still get a little sad when I think of watching my favorite betta die last year.

That's what I've done. I just try to make them as comfortable as possible and try not to cry because it feels ridiculous to cry over a dying fish when you're a grown man. I still get a little sad when I think of watching my favorite betta die last year.
Iā€™m so sorry to hear that, yeah o had another beta that passed last year, itā€™s sad to think of but as long as we gave them a comfortable life !

I know this doesn't help but Im having the exact same problem with my beta!! Except instead of laying at bottom of tank he just lays on his side all day. He has shredded fins, a gash on his neck lose of color and bloated. I've tried everything too! I have no idea what his age is I've had him for 6 months and been dealing with his issues for last 3 weeks.

So I feel your pain. My heater in my tank broke so Its not warm enough. I wrap the tank in electric blanket (I ordered a new heater but it's being shipped and won't be at my house till end of month!!!) So I'm hoping getting the water properly heated and doing an epson salt bath or two will help. If not....then I'm going to have to euthanize him. If he even makes it that long.

I feel so horrible.

Attachments

• 20210508_183739.jpg
    20210508_183739.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back