Shrimp fighting? meeting? whats happening?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Victoria12

Reaction score
Hi. so i have had a Bamboo shrimp for a while now and thought to get it a companion.
Yesterday i bought an Arnoured shrimp ( the worker told me theyre the same just as different name - alright then).

They were fine all night and all day today, hiding in their decor. However while doing a 25% water change, they came out of hiding and faced eachother. After a few seconds, my Bamboo shrimp literally swam up to and sat on the Armoured shrimp.

I got worried and seperated them...

Is this normal???? Are they meeting?? or fighting???
i thought they were peaceful so i dont understand why they would be fighting...?

Can someone help??

I would put them back together and see what happens, watching them carefully; but I'm not an expert Collin_T can probably help you. :)

I would put them back together and see what happens, watching them carefully; but I'm not an expert Collin_T can probably help you. :)

Thanks for the idea. I donr as you said. The situation flipped and the Armoured shrimp was now going on top of the Bamboo. I let them carry on and it seemed like the Armoured held onto the Bamboos tail as she couldn't get away. About a minute later she sped up swimming into him and pushing him back.

it doesnt seem like a typical shrimp fight but could it be??

im so worried i love my bamboo shrimp, i dont want anything happening to her, shes smaller than the armoured one

Is this the armored species?
https://www.theshrimpfarm.com/posts/vampire-shrimp/
Didn't realize that filter feeder shrimp would be territorial, but in any case, it is unlikely that your tank is large enough to provide both with enough food without supplemental feeding.
This involves spot feeding with special food.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back