Rescue Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NickAu

Fish Connoisseur
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I was at a friends house and spotted a Gourami in a 5 litre bowl, He was not being looked after just basically sitting on the bottom of the death bowl looking sad so after a but of persuasion he was given to me. 2 days in a nice tank and and some good food he has come back to life.

I know he's a lace or pearl Gourami, and that's about it. He is bound for the 6 foot tank, Should I get him 3 females or will he be fine on his own?

Why do people mistreat animals like that. It's also how I ended up with the Tetras.

Video.
https://youtu.be/OIdpJL-zf_E

He's a beaut. Congrats on the save.
I'll let the more knowledgeable on Gouramis chime in on arrangements.
As for cruelty towards animals, well there is psychological disorders, which can be treated. Ignorance, which can be corrected, and stupidity, which is only cured at death. (Sadly the last category not only breed, they vote.)

lmao Mr Doodles! god I've missed your humour 
laugh.png
 You hit the nail right on the head there!

As for the gourami - I also know very little about them but I just wanted to say he looks a real stunner. Well done on rescuing him :) 

Hi.i know with my three spot gouramis I had to balance the numbers.at first my single male was absolutely fine on his own in my community 300 litre.i added another two females and it was constant harassment.i added another yellow female and everything is perfect.so I would say he will be fine on his own if that's your plans.

Hi GMC

Thank you for that, Seeing as he will be fine on his own i just might keep him in the 20 gal tank with the tetras snails and plecos, I have gotten kind of fond on him.

He looks healthy and happy.
Tank looks great as well. Not much for snails myself, but perhaps that is my own shortcoming. I say Neons are underrated.
You are so making me want a Gourami again, and the Pearls are just gorgeous.

Not much for snails myself,
Snails are quite nice and easy to keep, If you have snails in your tank and they are NOT trying to escape or leave the water then I am told your water conditions are good I hope they breed ( I know 3 Clown Loaches who would love some fresh snails ). I have had those snails for about 9 months now and they have at least doubled in size.

I say Neons are underrated.
I think they are nice looking fish. I have 15 of them, All bound for a 6 foot tank.

Pearls are just gorgeous.
Oh yes when the light hits them just so the spots on them light up wow.

Have to say that gourami is looking pretty happy in that lovely tank with the tetras and the massive yellow snails (assuming they are mystery or apple)
laugh.png

And there is no straight answer for the mistreatment of fish and animals, just plain ignorance is the best I can come up with :/
Though Frapdoodle's answer is pretty good
laugh.png

If only I had room for a 6 foot tank.
Have 8 Neons and 5 Black Neons in a 20 high. Kind of a compromise. I have been wanting to do an Asian theme, but the Mrs. doesn't like Rasboras, and has a snake phobia, so no Kuhlis. Looking to get a 40 breeder so I can up the numbers. A large shoal in a planted tank is nice and relaxing. As well as get more Corys!
As to the Apple/Mystery snails, just personal preference.
Had a three spot Gourami who passed a couple of years back during a prolonged power outage during the Winter.
Anyway is that a Hygro in the back left corner?

massive yellow snails (assuming they are mystery or apple)
When I got them I was told they are Mystery snails.... Big suckers aint they? Must be all the Hikari Algae wafers they eat.

If only I had room for a 6 foot tank.
You always have room for another tank. Got kids at home? Tell them its time to move out, Then you have a spare room for a big tank LOL.

Anyway is that a Hygro in the back left corner?
I do not know what it is.

Gives you an idea of how big it is.
2qjaxrq.jpg

if the snails don't eat the plants then they are apple snails. If they do eat the plants then they are mystery snails - at least that was what I was told. I've had two purple apple snails (they both left the plants alone) and I loved em to bits. I was so sad when they died. They are banned now in all EU countries and so I'll never be able to have another :(

These do not eat the plants....... Hikari pellets yes, Hikari Alage wafers yes, Zuccini yes, Blood worm yes. Who wants to eat cheap plants when all that is on the menu?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back