Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well...now I feel like a looser..

I faked an hours by littering leaves and clean it up later, changing cloths to look like I've been doing it for a whole week...

I'm trying to donate stuff and apparently they won't add it to the hour...

Also the countryside I'm in is on covid lockdown.

I need an idea @PlasticGalaxy @OliveFish05
I'm still confused...

I'm still confused...
Many schools require you to spend x number of hours serving your community, as a volunteer. There’s all different names for it, but it just has to be volunteer work and they’ll count it.

@Barry Tetra hmmmm ideas…. Maybe you could speak to your teacher and they could find some things for you? Your family owns a furniture store, right? You could offer to help them out? It is definitely harder with lockdown, and if your family is being very cautious, I would definitely let your teacher know so they can help you find safe jobs. A lot of safe, trusted family friends might be able to find some work for you too! Things like yard work, painting, moving furniture, or even helping build things is always greatly appreciated. If you are going to be working for other people though, I would say do your best work, nobody wants a sloppy helper, don’t volunteer to do indoor work unless it’s a very trusted neighbor or friend, safety would always be more important than getting your hours. I can talk to my brother about the things he did!

One would think if the country is in lock down, you aren't allowed outside to volunteer. That might be a legitimate excuse, it would be in my book.

Maybe contact the government and ask them how you are meant to do the volunteer work when you are in lock down, and after the lock down. They might have some answers for you.

I have done various things before the lockdown including building various furnitures, Donating stuff and cleaning temple
and got about 80 hours so 120 hours left!

But with the lock down and covid stuff, I’m too scared to go to public places and if I keep doing the same thing over and over, they are not going to add more hours.

They seems to aware of this by giving 40hours to student who’s vaccinated but I’m too young for the vaccine, I don’t know what they’re thinking.

Contact them and tell them you are afraid of catching covid19. You are also suffering from agoraphobia, which started with covid last year. Then ask them if they have any help or counselling services available for you, and ask them where you can do volunteer work that is safe and where you won't get covid.

Could you remind them you haven't been vaccinated and have done all you can think of doing that might be safe? Let them know that you have done 80 hours already. Then ask if they have any suggestions that would be safe for someone unvaccinated? With any luck, if they've already let somene else do only 40 hours, they might let you stop at 80. Is it worth a try?

Not in a plastic cup that has been sitting in a flask 🤨😳
I'm drinking out of right now actually... Just some cold water. But I definitely wouldn't drink any kind of hot drink out of the little cups. Still quite cute though.

And to all the Brits here, it was certainly HOT today, wasn't it? Hadn't expected it to get that warm this quickly.

it was certainly HOT today, wasn't it?
Speaking of weather, here in Canada, we've had some... questionable weather. A few days before June, we had a snowstorm, and it was snowing and below 0. A few days before that it was 30-something. Now, 2 weeks later, it's baking hot verging on 40. Thank goodness my summer activity is sailing.

Attention:
Our Fish of the Month contest is now accepting entries for our Fish of the Month contest. This month will feature Tetras. If you have a Tetra, we hope you enter it in the contest.

Speaking of weather, here in Canada, we've had some... questionable weather. A few days before June, we had a snowstorm, and it was snowing and below 0. A few days before that it was 30-something. Now, 2 weeks later, it's baking hot verging on 40. Thank goodness my summer activity is sailing.
Welcome to climate change. Proudly brought to you by the humans of planet Earth (aka Eden).

If you find the current weather patterns unpleasant, just wait for the ones in 10 years time. Day time temperature around 50C, no rain, bush fires everywhere. Carbon dioxide levels so high people and other animals start to suffocate from CO2 poisoning.

FYI, most plants and animals die after a few hours at 50C (quite often sooner than that), and most phytoplankton die at 40C. So when the oceans are too warm, the phytoplankton will die, and when the land temperatures get too hot, the few remaining terrestrial plants will die, and then we die.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back