Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It is! It's on the 23rd. And then PK's is on the 24th iirc.
yay! I have no idea when my parrotlets b-days are (or hatch days, in my community) so we share a day ( i got them on my birthday)
And I really don't mind! It's touching to see people asking about my birthday, lol.
good! my friend called me a stocker bc when my brother got hurt snowboarding, I said her name, not mine, she's calling me a stocker to this day lmao
Not to say that I ever shut up about it (because I really don't),
oh god, there's a LOT of things I don't shut up about, I'll try to list them all:
hamsters
birds
the depressed African grey parrot at my LPS
crested geckos
Pride Month (I came out as bi this year, so it's a big deal for me)
how ppl say bisexual is 'not a thing'
homophobic ppl
eating disordes
brand new one!:
my computer just glitched, it says (1)(1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)(1)(1) Random Discussion- Tropical Fish Forums
but it's still nice to know there's people who remember!
:)

yay! I have no idea when my parrotlets b-days are (or hatch days, in my community) so we share a day ( i got them on my birthday)

good! my friend called me a stocker bc when my brother got hurt snowboarding, i said her b-day, not his, she's calling me a stocker to this day lmao

oh god, there's a LOT of things I don't shut up about, I'll try to list them all:
hamsters
birds
the depressed African grey parrot at my LPS
crested geckos
Pride Month (I came out as bi this year, so it's a big deal for me)
how ppl say bisexual is 'not a thing'
homophobic ppl
eating disordes
brand new one!:
my computer just glitched, it says (1)(1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)(1)(1) Random Discussion- Tropical Fish Forums

:)
sorry had to fix it, i couldn't edit it smh

Or your entire life if you wind up dying. But I suppose that's a big risk with most work like this.

View attachment 138508View attachment 138509View attachment 138510
Third photo was when I dropped them into the tank. They're quite scary looking, but I've gotten over my fear of them gradually lol. Sweet little guys.

Yesterday was 29 over in Kent! It was cooler in the shop with all the heaters and filters and pumps and stuff running than it was outside! Completely still, too. No breeze at all. Thought I'd die! Meant to be cooler from Wednesday onwards though. Hope we get some rainfall.

It is! It's on the 23rd. And then PK's is on the 24th iirc.

And I really don't mind! It's touching to see people asking about my birthday, lol. Not to say that I ever shut up about it (because I really don't), but it's still nice to know there's people who remember!
You make me want fan shimps, I used to have crayfish and they all died year after, I don’t even know how to do water change back then and never read anything before getting pets...

Do you have any idea on how to avoid military draft? it's getting closer and closer...

There is this thing in Thailand that every male have to be in the military (which took about 4 years), and apparently I found no information on the internet on how to do it.

@Barry Tetra, have a look at:
https://www.thaicitizenship.com > Thai-military-service
I’m surprised to see it’s a lottery at the end of the day 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️
The link from NannaLou says people studying can avoid the draft/ conscription. If you can start studying a university degree, you will be exempt. Vet studies perhaps?

You can also reduce the time you serve if you do it part time at high school.

From the information provided, if you choose the wrong coloured ball from the lottery, you spend 2 years in the armed forces. If you get the right coloured ball, you don't have to serve in the armed forces. That means you have a 50/50 chance of being drafted. I'm guessing you are then released from service but you can be called upon to serve during the next 2 years if there is a war.

If you have a health issue that stops you running around and doing normal things you can get out after a medical assessment at one of the army hospitals. Health issues would include heart or lung problems, physical defects that stop you being able to walk and do normal day to day activities, diabetes, cancer, etc. Hearing problems and really bad eye sight is also a valid medical reason.

Most people drafted end up in the army, some go to the navy and some go to the air force. If you get sea sick or claustrophobic, you can probably avoid the navy. The air force isn't too bad and you might be able to apply for that if you volunteer rather than get conscripted.

If you can get an apprenticeship in the air force or army, you could learn a trade qualification like a mechanic, fitter & machinist, engineer or some sort of building/ construction trade. You could also become a cook, baker, etc. This would give you a career when you leave and you would be able to save money while working for the army/ air force. After a 4 year apprenticeship there, you leave with full qualifications and a wad of cash, which you can use to start a business.

Your best bet would be to start doing it part time now so if you do get conscripted, you do less time in the actual force. Alternatively, start studying at university.

----------------
Having said all this, have you thought about joining the air force or army?
You get paid to run around in the bush, learn survival techniques, learn how to fight and defend yourself. You learn first aid, meet lots of new people and might make some new friends. You get to jump out of air craft and parachute to the ground. That is meant to be quite exhilarating although I am a chicken and chickens can't fly so I would have to be pushed out of an aircraft :). You also get to learn lots of new skills and perhaps even get a trade qualification.

Most of the people I know that have been in the army in Australia said it was ok or even fun. Some of it sucked but life can suck anywhere. But if you keep your mouth shut, do as you're told, and be willing to try new things, it is meant to be quite easy to deal with.

I can understand why the government does it. There are lots of poor and unskilled people and getting them into the armed forces can give them a career in a number of different fields. This means there are fewer homeless destitute people getting handouts from the government and welfare groups.

Or your entire life if you wind up dying. But I suppose that's a big risk with most work like this.
I think, from the quick bit of reading I did, it said that the ‘national duty’ soldiers weren’t sent to high risk/active zones.

I wouldn’t want to be in the army or prison anywhere, and I think local knowledge will help you to decide which would be the lesser of the two evils.

I hear about people dying in the military quite frequently and all of them were teenagers, they are failed to served their boss.

View attachment 138508View attachment 138509View attachment 138510
Third photo was when I dropped them into the tank. They're quite scary looking, but I've gotten over my fear of them gradually lol. Sweet little guys.

Yesterday was 29 over in Kent! It was cooler in the shop with all the heaters and filters and pumps and stuff running than it was outside! Completely still, too. No breeze at all. Thought I'd die! Meant to be cooler from Wednesday onwards though. Hope we get some rainfall.
I love them they are huge!! I honestly cant wait for this weather too cool off I'm not built for these heat waves that's why I live in the UK ahah!

I love them they are huge!! I honestly cant wait for this weather too cool off I'm not built for these heat waves that's why I live in the UK ahah!
How hot is it there?

A few days ago, it hit 100F+. Over the past few days, it’s been a steady 90F+, until today it decided to cool down and be 70F-. :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back