Random Discussion

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Doesn't take very much to excite you. ;)
I just like my silly little things! A nice looking lamp is enough to make my day sometimes lol.
Hey, I know how serious these Brits take their tea. Never hurts to have a portable supply, right @PlasticGalaxy ?
I don't even drink tea, that's the thing! I like a nice cup of peppermint tea but not regular tea. I just like the jug.

Well, in other news, I finished fire-hardening and reflexing a new hickory flat bow this morning. Reflexing means putting a slight backward bend in it so it will shoot more powerfully. I'm going to back it with deer rawhide, then finish tillering (removing bits of wood until it bends at the right strength). If it survives all that--they have an annoying habit of exploding during tillering if you don't do everything just right--I plan to hunt elk and deer with it this fall, maybe pronghorn too if I draw a tag.

The design of this bow is a blend of eastern woodlands Native American and ancient English bows. Yep, they arrived at very similar designs on opposite sides of the pond. It's a really nice-looking design. Might paint some celtic knotwork on the back, just for camouflage and a little bling.
Pics or it didn’t happen. :p

I don't even drink tea, that's the thing! I like a nice cup of peppermint tea but not regular tea. I just like the jug.
You live in England and dislike tea? I didn't think that was allowed! ha ha I'm a tea nerd, myself. Start out every day with a mug of Yunnan with milk and sugar. mmmmm
Pics or it didn’t happen. :p
Well, it hasn't happened yet. ha ha :lol: But it is developing some nice curves. If I'm successful, this will be bow #4 for me (#1 broke, so it's more like #3). Here's the first one I did. Hickory, 65" long, draws 40 pounds, stained with alcohol stain, goat leather handle. Shoots nicely but not powerful enough to hunt elk.
Hickory 66"NTN 40#@27" by Whistling Badger, on Flickr
Limb Hickory 66"NTN 40#@27" by Whistling Badger, on Flickr

After I finished that one, the Badgerling noticed a big sliver of hickory on the floor, and let me know that her American Girl doll would like a bow of her own. To make it fun for myself, I decided that it not only had to look good, but had to actually shoot an arrow (made from kebab skewers and fragments of turkey feathers) hard enough to stick in a target at five yards. It accomplished that and more, and was an intriguing project. Best of all, it made my kid smile. :) She named it "The Mouse Slayer."

@PheonixKingZ @PlasticGalaxy

Do you guys have volunteers hour at your school or as a homeschool work?

I need over 200 hours of this to finish this simester and have to “fake” volunteer, kinda feel bad but have to do it for this simester to finish :confused:

I need over 200 hours of this to finish this simester and have to “fake” volunteer, kinda feel bad but have to do it for this simester to finish :confused:
My older brother had this, his school called it ”community service hours”. He did things like participate in our church work day, help some neighbors with yard work, and paint some rooms and move furniture for some families we know, he also helped with creating events for youth group

I dropped out of school last year lol.
But no, we didn't have volunteer hours. My boyfriend did back when he was in school, though. Obligatory, or else you wouldn't be able to graduate.

Not sure what you mean by “volunteer hour”. But no, I don’t. I didn’t have it when I was in public school either.

I ran an 18k mountain race today. Not an ideal trail for minimalist shoes; several miles of sharp rocks beat the daylights out of my feet. Other than that, not too bad. Magnificent scenery and really cool people, and I'm grateful that my body is still able to take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Spending the rest of the day hanging with my sweeties, taking naps, drinking lemonade, and eating fudgesicles. Happy birthday to me!

I ran an 18k mountain race today. Not an ideal trail for minimalist shoes; several miles of sharp rocks beat the daylights out of my feet. Other than that, not too bad. Magnificent scenery and really cool people, and I'm grateful that my body is still able to take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Spending the rest of the day hanging with my sweeties, taking naps, drinking lemonade, and eating fudgesicles. Happy birthday to me!
Sounds great!! Having bad shoes is probably the worst part of any kind of long journey by foot. I've yet to find a pair that's completely comfortable for me, but the new Nikes I've got are quite comfortable!
I know we have a couple other birthdays this month, too, though I can't remember who. Happy birthday to you, too, whoever you are! :lol: :-
@PheonixKingZ and I, I know that much!

My older brother had this, his school called it ”community service hours”. He did things like participate in our church work day, help some neighbors with yard work, and paint some rooms and move furniture for some families we know, he also helped with creating events for youth group
Well...now I feel like a looser..

I faked an hours by littering leaves and clean it up later, changing cloths to look like I've been doing it for a whole week...

I'm trying to donate stuff and apparently they won't add it to the hour...

Also the countryside I'm in is on covid lockdown.

I need an idea @PlasticGalaxy @OliveFish05

What place did you come in?

Most reactions

Back