Random Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Most birds don't actively attack people though and only bite in self defense. Female parrots bite more and harder than males because they have to defend the nest.

Some parrots will bite and there was a corella (white cockatoo) at a pet shop that we used to sell angora rabbits to. The bird had a thing about toes and would jump off its cage and bite people's toes. It went me every time we went to the shop because I wore thongs (flip flops for the Americans) on my feet.

We had a corella in the shop I worked at (different shop to the one above) and she was a lovely bird. Never bit anyone, used to say hello to everyone when they came in and goodbye when they left. People could pat her and scratch her head. One day this kid was walking past her cage and he had a balloon. The bird reached out with its foot and popped the balloon. The bird was screaming, the kid was screaming, dogs started barking, people were running around wondering what just exploded. The poor bird was hanging upside down on its perch freaking out while the kid ran around the shop screaming because his balloon got popped. :)
I would have payed to see that. :rofl:

Yep, here is is. The Kea. National Geographic calls them "feisty." I think that's putting it rather kindly.

The very rare Australian Toe-Eating Parrot.

Come to think of it, isn't there an endangered (maybe extinct) killer parrot in New Zealand that attacks sheep?
They destroy cars, not sheep.

The New Zealand farmers LOVE their sheep :)
The kiwis will know what that means even if the rest of you don't, although the British sheep farmers might know too :)

They destroy cars, not sheep.

The New Zealand farmers LOVE their sheep :)
The kiwis will know what that means even if the rest of you don't, although the British sheep farmers might know too :)
Hey, I'm from Wyoming, and I get what you're saying. You best keep smilin' when you say stuff like that, mister.

Did you know you can have tucans as pets?
there actually cheaper than macaws, IDK where you would get a captive-bred one, though.
No, I didn't know that. @Colin_T says they taste kind of like chicken.

Seriously though...I think toucans look cooler than parrots, maybe just because you don't see them as much. Those huge, colorful beaks are really fun to see. But I'd have to have a huge aviary. Toucans look best flying in the forest.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back