The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What is that?!?!
1628610156264.png

it's a Vegan meat brand

View attachment 141273
it's a Vegan meat brand
I don’t mean to be rude, it’s a genuine quest for information, but why when you don’t eat meat do you want your vegan/veggie food to look like the stuff you choose not to eat..?
Why not just have a plate of lovely veggies etc.?

I don’t mean to be rude, it’s a genuine quest for information, but why when you don’t eat meat do you want your vegan/veggie food to look like the stuff you choose not to eat..?
Why not just have a plate of lovely veggies etc.?
That's the way I am. I like veggies, I like nuts and seeds, and I like meat. But I don't like veggies, nuts, and seeds masquerading as meat. It's an insult to meat, and a waste of good veggies. ha ha

My wife eats some of the fake meat because she loves beef but she has some unique medical problems that make red meat hard on her digestion. "Impossible burger" is fairly edible as such things go, and it seems to satisfy the craving. On a bun with all the fixings, it can actually pass for a real hamburger.

I respect people with the self-control to be vegans, but it seems to me that we're designed to be omnivores. Isn't it weird that no one ever takes a steak and tries to make it taste like a soybean or a piece of broccoli? :)

That's the way I am. I like veggies, I like nuts and seeds, and I like meat. But I don't like veggies, nuts, and seeds masquerading as meat. It's an insult to meat, and a waste of good veggies. ha ha

My wife eats some of the fake meat because she loves beef but she has some unique medical problems that make red meat hard on her digestion. "Impossible burger" is fairly edible as such things go, and it seems to satisfy the craving. On a bun with all the fixings, it can actually pass for a real hamburger.

I respect people with the self-control to be vegans, but it seems to me that we're designed to be omnivores. Isn't it weird that no one ever takes a steak and tries to make it taste like a soybean or a piece of broccoli? :)
I LOVE a really rare steak, or some roast lamb, but in reality I eat very little meat and tend to eat fish (not a good admission on this site😳).

I don’t have the self control not to eat things I like so I’d never be a vegan, partial veggie maybe, but so it looks like a veggie 🙂.

"Isn't it weird that no one ever takes a steak and tries to make it taste like a soybean or a piece of broccoli?"

Or SHAPE the meat into those things?

vege burgers are usually based on gluten, a proteins from wheat. Basically vege burgers are flour with meat flavor added.

Vege burgers are actually Soy based, and have no more gluten than your average piece of cheap ham, which is injected with the stuff. Why eat vege meat you ask, I love the flavor of meat but don't want the saturated fat associated with it vege meat is basically fat free.

Vege burgers are actually Soy based, and have no more gluten than your average piece of cheap ham, which is injected with the stuff
not in Australia they aren't. here the main ingredient is gluten, then wheat flour, then flavours and other things added. There's more wheat and gluten in them than in a loaf of bread (not quite but not far off it).

Vege burgers are actually Soy based, and have no more gluten than your average piece of cheap ham, which is injected with the stuff. Why eat vege meat you ask, I love the flavor of meat but don't want the saturated fat associated with it vege meat is basically fat free.
But surely you’d then choose leaner meats like chicken and turkey? We do need a certain amount of fats in our diets and there are certain amino acids that are beneficial and only found in meat. I’m not certain that too much soy is good for you either?

I think everything in moderation and as natural as possible (butter over margarine). I just need to kick the cakes/sweets/biscuits that are neither healthy, natural or on occasion eaten in moderation 😳😂.

EDIT: I don’t eat processed “meats” such as sausages and burgers…some of the ingredients are enough to make you feel ill just reading them.

But surely you’d then choose leaner meats like chicken and turkey? We do need a certain amount of fats in our diets and there are certain amino acids that are beneficial and only found in meat. I’m not certain that too much soy is good for you either?

I think everything in moderation and as natural as possible (butter over margarine). I just need to kick the cakes/sweets/biscuits that are neither healthy, natural or on occasion eaten in moderation 😳😂.

EDIT: I don’t eat processed “meats” such as sausages and burgers…some of the ingredients are enough to make you feel ill just reading them.
I eat chicken and fish, but not red meat. I am a baker by trade I make a mean mince and cheese pie that has never seen a cow. I also do a great Sheppard's pie. In the 1990's TVP was all the rage we were allowed to add about 30% into our pies, it was cheap and absorbed a huge amount of water. Nobody could tell the difference but it made it possible for us to produce pies at a competitive price.

Do a google search on TVP. It is a great product and can be used in place of meat in almost all dishes.;

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back