April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sege

Reaction score
Hi. :DSo I just got a new filter, and I set it up and everything. It runs just how it's supposed to. I just want to make it quieter. I have my tank under my loft bed, and so I sleep right on top of the noise. It's not really the grumbling sounds that the filter makes as the mechanics run to pump up the water, it's the water flowing out of the filter. There's nothing wrong with it, it is just really loud. Sounds like a running stream. Is there any way for the water to be quieter as it flows out? I filled up the aquarium as high as it is supposed to be, but is there anything I can do to make the water sound a bit quieter? The filter is a Top Fin 10 Power Filter Model T1.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

~Sege

I presume it's not the water returning to the tank but the sound of the water in the pipe as it leaves the filter. If this is the case then it sounds like you have an air pocket in the pipe. Straighten the pipes as best you can with the filter running and try to drive the airlock out making sure you have no kinks or bends in the pipe.

I presume it's not the water returning to the tank but the sound of the water in the pipe as it leaves the filter. If this is the case then it sounds like you have an air pocket in the pipe. Straighten the pipes as best you can with the filter running and try to drive the airlock out making sure you have no kinks or bends in the pipe.

Thank you so much! I did that and waited a couple minutes, everything in there is working perfectly now as far as I can tell! Thank you so much for that advice!

Most reactions

trending

Back