questions ! (sorority tank, betta fish & angel fish? & more betta questions)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

fisharecool789

Reaction score
first off, i am not sure if iā€™m posting to the right topic ! the simply ā€œbettaā€ topic is unavailable rn for some reason.
jojo (my betta) always swims along the glass (itā€™s reflective so she said swimming around with her reflection) and i want to know if thatā€™s normal. i canā€™t tell if sheā€™s trying to fight herself or if she wants a friend. another question! one of my friends is giving me a fishtank soon because sheā€™s moving i think itā€™s a 10 gallon with a few angel fish. and what i wanted to do was attempt to introduce another betta to my current 10 gallon with jojo because she looks very lonely :( and if it doesnā€™t work out i could move it to the other tank. so iā€™m wondering, are betta fish are angel fish compatible tank mates? is it normal for my betta to swim along the glass with her own reflection all the time ? could i even introduce a betta to make it a sorority tank if itā€™s a 10 gallon?
(also thank u everyone for responding to my other post, iā€™ve been feeding her omega one pellets as a member recommended and i have noticed that sheā€™s gotten less skinny & her color is a lot more vivid, so thank u for recommending it!)

@Deanause is the betta sorority expert here, so I will leave this question up to her. ;)

There are others out there too. First, bettas and Angels are a big fat NO! Sorry, but both fish are territorial and aggressive when someone enters their turf. Not just tail nipping but death to the end sometimes. As far as the bettas go, they are all different. I personally would never do 2 because one is going to be the dominant one and the other will be picked on. The only way a sorority can possibly exist is with at least 5 females and you would need at least a 20G long tank. OK, thatā€™s my opinion. However, I have heard of 2 females living together but you will need LOTS and I do mean LOTS of plants and caves. Your tank will need to look like a jungle. Check out my avatar pic. That was my sorority. You may be able to see how packed the plants were in it. If you try this, you will need to have a backup tank prepared to move one over in if they donā€™t get along. If you decide to try, youā€™ll need to rearrange your tank so that both bettas think it is a new tank and put them in at the same time. Remember, LOTS of plants. Did I say LOTS? I mean LOTS! Good luck!

Just to add that the angelfish need a much bigger tank that 10 gallons. It could be that they are all juveniles now but they will grow and need a tank at least 45 gallons, with a height of at least 20 inches. If you can't provide that for them, they need to be rehomed.

Just to add that the angelfish need a much bigger tank that 10 gallons. It could be that they are all juveniles now but they will grow and need a tank at least 45 gallons, with a height of at least 20 inches. If you can't provide that for them, they need to be rehomed.
i have bought a 30 gallon for them and am in the process of cycling it before transferring them from their tiny tank.. it made me sad seeing a pair of such big fish in such a small tank : ( thank u so much does the betta advice also ! iā€™m working on building up the planting in my 10 gallon to resemble a densely planted area : ) !!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back