The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lucretia666

Reaction score
Hi all, brand new to this site and aquariums! Very much need help!!
I set aquarium up and was looking to get variety of bright coloured fish (not sure of type) it didn't happen....
A random neighbour smashed their tank and put into bin area! I noticed two fish in the freezing cold water, so grabbed them and put into my tank to stop them from dying! They were tiny and black (is all I could tell you) since then, one has grown to about 6 inches (I call it monster of the deep) but tonight found out it is a featherfin catfish, I think the other is the same but a lot smaller, about 2-3 inches long!
I am new to all this, they are the only two in tank! Can I put other fish with them?? If so can someone tell me what kind! And Ines I should stay away from! I really don't know all these Latin names etc, just laymens terms would be great!! My tank is 3ftx1ft roughly! Don't know how much water that holds! Please don't hate.... just learning and need your help!!! Thank you xx

Hi Byron!

Thank you for the welcome and the link! Yes that's definitely the two that I have in my tank!!
Now I have the information from that site, I will be able to get some fish that will co-habit with them!
Thank you again for your help

Jules

Most reactions

Back