Planted Freshwater Aquarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
i really like your panchax it has a very cool shape. i had one in my planted tank before, but it jumped out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The male is a peaceful Betta, ive had him for at least half my aquarium life with those females (so about 4 years)
So what do you do with all the Betta fry?

Either give them away, or give them to Petco, personally I haven't bread them (on purpose) in a long while now XD and its truly nice of Petco to take them. also sell some on craigslist (but that was a while ago) :) if theres anymore nick you wanna be on my list (looks at list: no 1 on it)

also heres the new update! (pics coming soon)

The Damaged gourami is healing really a lot quicker than i thought it would take! his new scales are coming in nicely, and are actually kinda good looking :3 for a gourami, the tank itself is ok except 1 thing, having an algae issue. but 2 resolve I got 2 more nerite snails (1 lion. zebra) and added them to the tank with acclimation. I already have 1 zebra but hes to lazy so I got 2 more young ones, hopefully they help the issue :)

So I moved one of my 3 nerite snails to the 5.5 gallon since it has some algae problems now all the sudden as well, wasn't there last night -_- o well, wish me luck!

Any questions and im free to answer!

Also ive been thinking of asking my biology (this is inspired by some1 else btw) teacher if I can put a 10-20G fish tank in her class room to help inspire some of the young minds (im a sophomore so im young 2 lol) in her classroom, I think it would be good, also it would be aquascaped and basically self clean-able with snails and shrimp, some tetras maybe? any1 got any ideas and how to convince her?

Alright!
Sorry for the late update everyone, probs no 1 reads this anyway XD

So I got another nerite snail for the 5.5G (lion)
So your not confused here:  3 Nerites (2 zebra 1 lion) in Fluval Long
                                             1 Nerite (lion) in 5.5G
And when I was out getting the snail I got the last ghost shrimp as well, now I have never ever been successful with shrimp due to my fish thinking there a snack. stop fish. lol
What I did was I got my little breeder thingy (idk what it actually is, not a breeder just what I call it) and I attached it to the fish tank wall, but some marimo moss ball that I cut up into it, and then added a rock then the shrimp :) she is preggers and seems happy in her new temporary home. once she has the eggs and I see the fry and such ill put her in the tank, or leave her in there not sure yet since I only have 1... (for now)
Also I got a few plants!
Got some Temple Plant and some of that stuff that floats on ponds that the fish eat (yup that's a long name isn't it)
So I put 3 temple plant in each tank, and it looks good. my tanks aren't aquascaped due to the fact that there temporary but im not going to get rid of them after I get my big tanks up and the house built that im moving into. so then after I move the overstocked fish into the big tank with the discus, yes there compatible, I will scape the 5G's which for me isn't a thing I due often since its quite expensive.
So yea hope you guys enjoyed the update and more coming soon :) thinking about getting Co2 kit, suggest to me what kind, would help a bunch. :D

bad news and good news, bad news is the ghost shrimp died, have absolutely no clue how.... which is weird. like I said b4, never have kept a shrimp alive just got bad luck I guess
sad.png

Also bad news, doing a 90% water change in other 5 gallon fluval long tank due to that white algae stuff, the fish will of course be out of the tank for about 1 day and temp into another.
GOOD NEWS AHEAD
Planned out my 75G discus aquarium, going to have 2 PAIRED discus (hard and expensive ik) and some neon tetras, prob some other fish.
I spent so much time planning this aquarium out its insane... I wish I could copy and past all the info but if you (not advertising)
go to PlantedTank.net and click the aquascaping forum you should see my name (BettaBettas) in the "Dutch Style Aquarium" thread, I spent like an hour typing it all properly! and I showed them my plans and stuff, what plants substrate total cost Co2 stuff, etc. I would copy an paste it here but I cant sadly and idk why
sad.png
but that's ok
smile.png

hmm whats some other good news, cant upload any pics due to computer issues :(

Are the fish in the two 5 gallons moving into a larger tank?
Good luck on the 75 gallon, sounds like a fun project. c:

Lyraguppy, yea they are for now, remember its only temp.

Announcement
Today I took down the fluval spec long since it smelled like rotten eggs today, I took out all the plants and all the water from the tank dumped out sand, got new sand, put the sand in, before that I cleaned the tank, then I added the plants (sand is about 2 inches thicker now =) +1 inch from before), THEN I added the fish and nerite snails. also my snails haven't been moving around to much lately, but I figure it was prob because of the egg smell
ohmy.png
also cleaned the algae out thank God...

Few... tough day
smile.png
and still have homework (career assignment project)

FINALLY AN UPDATED PICTURE IKR

Attachments

• Nates_003_7.jpg
    Nates_003_7.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 140
The rotten egg smell is sulfur dioxide, It usually comes from decaying waste and organic material  and not enough maintenance and It can be quite toxic to fish. I would also be keeping a close eye on water parameters.

bad news is the ghost shrimp died, have absolutely no clue how..
I do. Shrimp are usually very sensitive to water conditions.

water parameters I always check on, not sure why it didn't show before though nick..

Anyway, the funny thing was that in the other tank, I set my remote controller on it (to my tv) and then the top just shattered into glass pieces like it exploding, so im currently looking for an explanation and hoping none of my jump out until I purchase a new one

planning the 75G, will be a dutch aquarium for sure. low tech though which should be very interesting since most dutch aquariums have Co2. as I said before to see plant list (until I post it on here) go to plantedtank and check out my dutch aquarium aquascape journal on the aquascape forum.

Also the gourami is now fully healed, he looks better than he did before actually! which is good on my side :) of the tank. Puns....
So yea not much to update about, I don't really post pics on here much unless I really have the time due to the fact that I have to resize them and stuff and it just takes to much time especially when I have to study for my daily tests (exaggerated) in biology and zoology and in forensic science.... Wish me luck please lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back