PheonixKingZ’s Interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is your goal in life? What do you want to be doing in 5 years?

sounds like a young person who has never seen death.
I’m not sure if that was meant as an insult, or a compliment.

If you think I’m just a kid with a dream, your wrong. I put the smiley face because I am naturally friendly.

I understand war is bloody, and there is death involved. But I want to serve my country, as my father, and my fathers father, did before me.

(And If you think I haven’t seen death, you are also wrong. I have seen both my GrandPas pass before my eyes.)

It wasn't meant to be an insult or a compliment. Just a statement.

War is bloody and horrible and not something anyone should want to see. Hopefully there won't be any more wars, but people being people, well it's unlikely.

Watching people die in a hospital bed is one thing and is bad enough in itself. Seeing your mates laying on the ground with blood and guts everywhere, and people screaming, or just bodies upon bodies everywhere you look. The smell of burnt hair and charred skin and dead bodies. Post traumatic stress disorder. Constant nightmares, not being able to go to sleep. The noise, reliving every moment over and over again.

Life is very different after combat and you have seen horrible bloody gory death. If you want to join the armed forces then that is fine, but do it because you want to and find out as much as you can before you go in. If your dad saw combat, ask him about it. Maybe have a chat to a few ex soldiers and see if they would go back and do it again if they could.

Colin has some sound advice. Just the trauma I’ve seen working in ER’s has left images I can never forget. A 4 year old had a huge TV set fall on him. He came into our ER with just his little Underoos on. Red and white cartoon undies. My son had the same ones at home. The little boy’s chest was crushed and he didn’t make it. I went home and held my own toddler that evening. I thought about throwing his Underoos out but I didn’t. To this day, every time I see red and white Underoos on a child, I think of that little boy. There’s also the 2 month old who was mauled to death by his German Shepherd named T-Bone. 40 years later and I still remember that dog’s name. Funny what your mind locks into during a trauma. The kids were always the worst. One of our best friends served as an explosive expert in Vietnam. He watched children blown up by bombs he had just set. The first human being he ever shot was a young boy about 12 who was carrying a machine gun. He has suffered PTSD ever since leaving Vietnam. He’s a great guy and with extensive therapy, he has made it through alcoholism. I asked him one day how he made it through his PTSD. He just shook his head and said, “ Hell man, I haven't made it through. I just learned to quit drinking.” He doesn’t talk about Vietnam anymore. Will you be able to handle the first child you shoot? They say it’s not the last one you remember but the first one that lives in your mind for the rest of your life. Only you will determine what you can handle.

I will do whatever it take so to protect my country.

But what if everyone thought like that? We wouldn’t have an armed force. I am not going to register just to go fight, and kill people. I am going to register to protect my country.

I understand I might suffer from PTSD, but what if they are one guy short? One more guy, could win a war.

Please understand that I’m not saying “Don’t do it.” Just research, talk to others, and know what you are getting into. Wanting to be a sniper is pretty heavy. I salute every armed service person and thank them for what they do. P.S. - You know they don’t make much, right? Lol!

What do you want to do after you finish serving in the Marines?

Make a movie about “The Lone Survivor”. I actually know his sister.

Deanasue: Did u see the movie.. Lone Survivor? Would u recommend seeing it

Deanasue: Did u see the movie.. Lone Survivor? Would u recommend seeing it
I would! Not my kind of movie usually but I would recommend it. Anything based on a true story sparks my interest.

It is highly rated on imdb. I might try to find it and then watch it.

meanwhile I’ve been watching the mini-series “Chernobyl” on HBO... I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back