PheonixKingZ’s Interview.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon tank would look out of place in a luxurious penthouse

Aquarium keeping seems to me to be mostly a male activity, similar to stamp collecting and video game playing.

Why do you think so few women get attracted to these activities and how do you feel about women getting more and involved in the same activities?

If you are single would you prefer to date a women that also owns an aquarium or not? Do you prefer fishkeeping continue to be primarily a male activity?

I ask this out of curiosity and seriously, because when my daughter was in high school she was only interested in computer gaming, pokemon and building computers and networks AND meeting boys. So she took 2 yrs of CISCO network training and she was the only girl in the glass. Only one guy (who was a complete jerk) asked her out in 2 yrs even though they all thought it was cool that she liked doing the same things they did. She wasn't drop dead gorgeous (no fancy nails or clothes or makeup) but she was thin and small and would be considered very "cute". All the nerds dated the fussy girls then complained to her how boring they were and how they had nothing in common but they never asked her out. Once she got a degree and a job in network administration she met a man in a similar field that also loved take-out food and computer gaming - love at first sight. But it took her 28 yrs to get a serious date and that's the one she ended up marrying, This is another "nerd" field just like working on computer systems - do you have problems getting dates or are you so interested in your hobby you'd rather stay home and do water changes?

I would bet we have more female members here than male members or at least an equal amount of each. I would not call it a male hobby. Women might need a bit of help getting a big tank set up but they enjoy it as much as men. All in my humble opinion of course.

Aquarium keeping seems to me to be mostly a male activity, similar to stamp collecting and video game playing.

Why do you think so few women get attracted to these activities and how do you feel about women getting more and involved in the same activities?

If you are single would you prefer to date a women that also owns an aquarium or not? Do you prefer fishkeeping continue to be primarily a male activity?

I ask this out of curiosity and seriously, because when my daughter was in high school she was only interested in computer gaming, pokemon and building computers and networks AND meeting boys. So she took 2 yrs of CISCO network training and she was the only girl in the glass. Only one guy (who was a complete jerk) asked her out in 2 yrs even though they all thought it was cool that she liked doing the same things they did. She wasn't drop dead gorgeous (no fancy nails or clothes or makeup) but she was thin and small and would be considered very "cute". All the nerds dated the fussy girls then complained to her how boring they were and how they had nothing in common but they never asked her out. Once she got a degree and a job in network administration she met a man in a similar field that also loved take-out food and computer gaming - love at first sight. But it took her 28 yrs to get a serious date and that's the one she ended up marrying, This is another "nerd" field just like working on computer systems - do you have problems getting dates or are you so interested in your hobby you'd rather stay home and do water changes?
Lots of women in the hobby. On a forum I use to be on, the women had the upper hand. I met my bff on another forum. She is amazing! Totally blind now from Lupus and still maintains her tanks on her own.

Lots of women in the hobby. On a forum I use to be on, the women had the upper hand. I met my bff on another forum. She is amazing! Totally blind now from Lupus and still maintains her tanks on her own.
That's funny. Never ever have seen a chick in a comic shop. As one of my best friends once observed. "chicks just don't know what's cool". Don't get me wrong, not putting down the womenfolk but great things are usually only done by men. And with that I'm going to go hide under my bed.

That's funny. Never ever have seen a chick in a comic shop. As one of my best friends once observed. "chicks just don't know what's cool". Don't get me wrong, not putting down the womenfolk but great things are usually only done by men. And with that I'm going to go hide under my bed.
Yeah, like giving birth to a child! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back