PheonixKingZ’s Interview.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s your favorite aquatic plant and why?
Probably Monte Carlo. I just love the way it looks, and the way it sort of takes over the bottom of the tank. It is super hard to grow, because it requires a lot of Co2, but I still love it! :)

Aquarium keeping seems to me to be mostly a male activity, similar to stamp collecting and video game playing.

Why do you think so few women get attracted to these activities and how do you feel about women getting more and involved in the same activities?

If you are single would you prefer to date a women that also owns an aquarium or not? Do you prefer fishkeeping continue to be primarily a male activity?

I ask this out of curiosity and seriously, because when my daughter was in high school she was only interested in computer gaming, pokemon and building computers and networks AND meeting boys. So she took 2 yrs of CISCO network training and she was the only girl in the glass. Only one guy (who was a complete jerk) asked her out in 2 yrs even though they all thought it was cool that she liked doing the same things they did. She wasn't drop dead gorgeous (no fancy nails or clothes or makeup) but she was thin and small and would be considered very "cute". All the nerds dated the fussy girls then complained to her how boring they were and how they had nothing in common but they never asked her out. Once she got a degree and a job in network administration she met a man in a similar field that also loved take-out food and computer gaming - love at first sight. But it took her 28 yrs to get a serious date and that's the one she ended up marrying, This is another "nerd" field just like working on computer systems - do you have problems getting dates or are you so interested in your hobby you'd rather stay home and do water changes?

I think it would be great for woman to get more involved. This hobby is for everyone! :)

I wouldn't really matter to me, if she was an aquarist, or not. No! The hobby is for everyone!

As far as the last question goes........I'm not really sure. I have a "Girl friend" or at least I would hope she likes me. I like her, but I don't know if she likes me. I would much rather hang out with her, than stay home and do water changes. Man! That was a tough one! :eek:

No that's a good answer - I just always noticed with all the video gamers (primarily guys) basically didn't get any dates because they were at home playing video games in their under ware. That and an all-pizza diet and rarely getting a haircut (or shower). At least that's how it was when I went to school (of course we basically just had the Atari for game systems - the serious gamers were writing game code in Basic or something.

Maybe you could invite your "girlfriend" over to help you do water changes!

What are your fish plans for the future? Will you be getting more tanks?
YES!!

I will be getting at least a 20 long. Maybe a 10, because I don’t have room.

I would love to get some neon tetras, or some Blue Rams. I really like those! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back