Open To Suggestions

ollyhtafc

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
West Yorks/Greater manc
Basically i was wandering wether people had an opinion on which delightful little swimmer i should home in my 20 USG tank (about 100L roughly).
For unfortunate reasons i have to get rid of the current stocking and i would like to start a fresh, but this time i only want one or two fish.

So does anyone have any suggestions that aren't schooling fish and don't necaserally prefer to be kept in groups?
Thank you.
 
1 pair of Herotilapia multispinosa

or

1 pair of Archocentrus nigrofasciatus <convicts

or
- 1 pair Archo. spilarus <Blue-eyed cichlid

or
1 pair Gymnogeophagus australis<rainbow eartheater







sorry but an oscar needs atleast a 55usg to live comfortable,,75us being a much much much better opption
 
If you wanted one fish that was interesting or unusual you could consider a puffer... they do require special care though, they are fussy about diet and water etc.
 
I wish i could get my hands on a trio of multi's.

Dwarf Puffers have been on my list of things to consider but again it's where to get them from!

I have no problems with special dietry needs or anything...i am more than willing to go the extra bit further to make my fish happy.
 
I wish i could get my hands on a trio of multi's.

Dwarf Puffers have been on my list of things to consider but again it's where to get them from!

I have no problems with special dietry needs or anything...i am more than willing to go the extra bit further to make my fish happy.

You could fit quite a nice sized colony of multis in a 20G, (that is if you can find them that is)
or 4 Dwarf Puffers and I would think that these shouldn't be too hard to find,

what dimensions are the tank ?
 
An easy to care for fish that is very flexible has already been suggested is the herotilapia, also called a rainbow cichlid. They get to a maximum size of 5 inches or so and I have kept them successfully in small numbers in a 29 gallon tank. Let me show a small group picture of them here.
6Rainbows800b.jpg


At that time the biggest was only about 4 inches.

Edit: Warning, these guys will eat any real plants except maybe anubias.
 
I wish i could get my hands on a trio of multi's.

Dwarf Puffers have been on my list of things to consider but again it's where to get them from!

I have no problems with special dietry needs or anything...i am more than willing to go the extra bit further to make my fish happy.

You could fit quite a nice sized colony of multis in a 20G, (that is if you can find them that is)
or 4 Dwarf Puffers and I would think that these shouldn't be too hard to find,

what dimensions are the tank ?


30 x 12 x 15. I love fish with character or unusual tendencies.

Thanks for the picture! Are rainbow's mouth brooders?
 
No, they are egg layers that will use any clean surface to breed. Once the eggs hatch they will move the fry once or twice to new pits that they dig before the fry get to look after themselves.
 
If you want dwarf puffers find out if you have a branch of maidenhead aquatics near you - cos they are pretty good at ordering in fish :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top