One fish you really want but you dont have.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

One tank that would be dope would be a tank I saw today. I went deep sea fishing, and the place I went to has a massive 10ā€™x4ā€™x3ā€™ they grow out fish for local aquariums such as the Birch Aquarium and Legoland Aquarium. They have a small group (5-6) of small Spanish mackerel, 2 calico bass, 2 Black and Yellow Rockfish, 1 Rosy Rockfish, 3 Blue Rockfish, 2 Sanddab, 1 large Whitefish, 2 Opaleye, a few large crabs, 4 Pacific Sculpin, the cleanup crew (includes starfish), and a baby leopard shark. Itā€™s all native fish. Itā€™s sick. Minimal rock decorations, 2 large strands of kelp, and tons of natural algae and ā€˜plantā€™ matter. Didnā€™t take any pics. Shouldā€™ve. It sounds like it looks cramped, but that tank is massive, and most fish are under 1ā€™.
What's it called? Seems like a place that I might've been to

electric eel
but they're illegal and permits for private aquariums aren't allowed
some day I will keep one though
Nice dream! Maybe they'll be legal one day!

electric eel
but they're illegal and permits for private aquariums aren't allowed
some day I will keep one though
I've maintained a tank of them at a previous job. It's honestly the least rewarding fish I've kept, especially with having to wear special gear to do maintenance.

If I had a big enough tank, I'd get a saltwater stingray. They look like Stealth Bombers.
stingray-1200x600.jpg

b2-spirit-flying-600x400.jpg

Nice dream! Maybe they'll be legal one day!
it's not a problem of it being legal, I just don't have the time or equipment to submit another form of permit right now
I've maintained a tank of them at a previous job. It's honestly the least rewarding fish I've kept, especially with having to wear special gear to do maintenance.
I don't know about that, I suppose it's a matter of opinion

it's not a problem of it being legal, I just don't have the time or equipment to submit another form of permit right now
True... All the paperwork stuff is just bleh...

If I had a big enough tank, I'd get a saltwater stingray. They look like Stealth Bombers.
stingray-1200x600.jpg

b2-spirit-flying-600x400.jpg
I would LOVE to do stingrays someday when I have the time, money, and experience... So never lol

I don't know about that, I suppose it's a matter of opinion.

For the first while I was incredibly excited that we had 4 foot eels shipped to us and really enjoyed feeding and observing them. But the novelty wore off eventually, and while they had their aura of mystique and danger, it simply became this inactive, high maintenance fish that could kill me if my gloves had a tear in them.

Panther Grouper, Lion Fish, yellow tang, blue tang, scopas tang, fairytail wrasse, etc. etc.

Bonjour!
A fish I'd like to keep is the Licorice gurami, Parosphromenus, a incredibly beautifull fish which is going to get extincted and need the help of people like us that deal with aquariums, in order to breed and maintain this species, they only need pretty tiny tanks with very soft and acid water, perhaps they aren't as easy to be keept but it isn't impossible if you have got a couple of years of experience, unfortunately I never saw any of them in my whole life (you must contactc experts). And how about Peter's elephant nose fish? I would like to have them, in a 1000L. tank, a group of 15 or so, would be fantastic but not realistic for me at this time.

Just one? My liquid rock and tank size prohibits dozens that I love: Corys, Clown Loaches, Odessa Barbs, Congo Tetras, Lemon Tetras, Microdevario Kubotai, Rosy Loaches, Dario Dario, Scarlet Badisā€¦ā€¦.awwwwh maaaaaan.
RO water or a house move on retirement?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back