One fish you really want but you dont have.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I know I say it all the time but 100% a female Nicaraguan Cichlid :) Soooo close now to getting the tank though!

I know I say it all the time but 100% a female Nicaraguan Cichlid :) Soooo close now to getting the tank though!
I have no idea what those are but go for it! Lol

I have no idea what those are but go for it! Lol
My old female Elsie - I got her to 2 years old and then she lost a fight with a Severum :(

P1050557_zps7e995ceb.jpg

My old female Elsie - I got her to 2 years old and then she lost a fight with a Severum :(

View attachment 147682
Such a beautiful fish!! Almost makes me want one! I'm so sorry you lost her... Unlike most fish, it seems the females of that species also get lots of colors

I really like this fish! I picked up a male a couple of weeks ago - really looking forward to his colours as he grows. What else are you going to keep yours with?

Such a beautiful fish!! Almost makes me want one! I'm so sorry you lost her... Unlike most fish, it seems the females of that species also get lots of colors
Yes real shame it was quite a long time ago now though but always a fish thats stuck with me, I've had chances to get nics again and decided against it not really sure why... It's something I've only really noticed recently but there are a few Central American Cichlids where the females are the brighter of the species. Nicaraguans, Salvinis, some types of Texas Cichlid and there are some where there isnt much difference between male and female just different features. Advantage of females in the species I want are they are easy to distinguish so I shouldnt get any breeding just show fish which is what I want.
I really like this fish! I picked up a male a couple of weeks ago - really looking forward to his colours as he grows. What else are you going to keep yours with?
I don't have Elsie anymore this photo is probably from 2011/12. I kept her in a South American tank which wasnt really ideal but she did ok. My next tank that I want to get a female Nic into is a big 4 foot and the plan is with some other female Central Americans, maybe an EBJD and a Salvini but not 100% so far, then I want to keep them with Rainbow Fish, Synodontis and colourful Livebearers. Really make the most of my hardwater :) How about yours? Whats he in with?

Yes real shame it was quite a long time ago now though but always a fish thats stuck with me, I've had chances to get nics again and decided against it not really sure why... It's something I've only really noticed recently but there are a few Central American Cichlids where the females are the brighter of the species. Nicaraguans, Salvinis, some types of Texas Cichlid and there are some where there isnt much difference between male and female just different features. Advantage of females in the species I want are they are easy to distinguish so I shouldnt get any breeding just show fish which is what I want.

I don't have Elsie anymore this photo is probably from 2011/12. I kept her in a South American tank which wasnt really ideal but she did ok. My next tank that I want to get a female Nic into is a big 4 foot and the plan is with some other female Central Americans, maybe an EBJD and a Salvini but not 100% so far, then I want to keep them with Rainbow Fish, Synodontis and colourful Livebearers. Really make the most of my hardwater :) How about yours? Whats he in with?
I think the setup with rainbows would be really cool and reckon they’d make a really good contrast with red rainbows. The EBJD would be amazing too - I’ve wanted to keep them for a while but have stayed away due the deformities you hear about. My nic is still in quarantine with a group of young electric blue acaras. He also has some red phantom and duboisi tetras for company too. My eventual plan is put him in my 6’ with the acaras and some rotkeil severums.

I'd love to have a tank of Oscars. They're just like dogs and have so much personality not to mention their pretty large size.
Now I fish I'd never be able to have? Arowana.

Most reactions

Back