One fish you really want but you dont have.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just one? My liquid rock and tank size prohibits dozens that I love: Corys, Clown Loaches, Odessa Barbs, Congo Tetras, Lemon Tetras, Microdevario Kubotai, Rosy Loaches, Dario Dario, Scarlet Badis…….awwwwh maaaaaan.
RO water or a house move on retirement?
Same 😭

I really love rams and apistogrammas, I think they're so beautiful and fascinate me....but my water is too hard ☹

Well not exactly... You have LFS/LPS near you right? They actually sometimes do special orders... The one near me does and they DO NOT charge a fee!
I do, several, and I check with them almost every week, that fish is never available for them to order from their supplier. Actually when I first got some, Petco told me they only got them by dumb luck or mistake or something. I always request special order but it’s always “unavailable”.

I would have an Oscar Cichlid if I could afford the tank. Also some Corys (not in the same tank as the oscar :) ). Last one I had died for some reason so I won't risk killing another but they are very sweet.

I'd love to have discus in a 4 ft planted tank, they're such beautiful fish 🤩
Would also love a nano reef with clownfish, anemones and all😍

I want you to name the fish (fresh or salt) that you would really want but can't or just don't have yet... Dont think about prices or care requirements I just want to know what you would really want.

My fish I would really want?

Saltwater: Mandarinfish

Freshwater: A large school of rainbow fish OR discus.
For me it would be Discus❤

I think first I will focus on fish that are not so easily available.

For saltwater fish, some rare Angel fish are amazingly beautiful but they are very expensive.
Furthermore, it requires higher cost and higher maintenance in setting up a big marine tank.
Some beautiful Angel fish can cost even a few thousand dollars.

I attached some photos of saltwater fish below but these are more easily available types.

For freshwater fish, some Lake Tanganyika fish are beautiful but not so commonly available.

Next are other amazing fish that look very majestic are the Geophagus Sveni, Altifrons and Frontosa from Zaire.
They require at least 6 ft tank and they are not cheap which are the reasons why I won't buy them.

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_094925.jpg
    IMG_20211111_094925.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2021-11-11-09-47-01-65_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-11-09-47-01-65_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 26
I think I will focus on fish that are not so easily available.

For saltwater fish, some Angel fish are amazingly beautiful but they are not so easily available plus the higher cost and higher maintenance for setting up a big marine tank.
Some beautiful Angel fish can cost even a few thousand dollars.
I attached some photos of saltwater fish below but these are more easily available types.

For freshwater fish, some Lake Tanganyika fish are beautiful but not so commonly available.
Other amazing fish that look very majestic are the Geophagus Sveni, Altifrons and Frontosa from Zaire.
They require at least 6 ft tank and they are not cheap which are the reasons why I won't buy them.
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

I've always wanted to keep Colorado River cutthroat trout and mountain suckers. Their needs make it cost prohibitive, to say the least. Tropical? Moonlight gouramis.
Hillstream loaches and stiphodon gobies in a paludarium with lots of waterfalls for them to frolic in.

Someone mentioned neon corydoras now my heart has been set aflutter. My knowledge grown. I love my little normal corydoras to pieces and now my horizons have been broadened. My heart set. Bucket list extended. They shall be my neons and they shall be mine and they shall be my neons. One day.

I was originally going to say an axolotl -psh totally a fish-; because as adorable and lovely as they are…. I can’t justify getting an endangered species when I would have no plans on breeding it and helping the population grow. I would feel so guilty 😭. If their numbers grow more stable I’ll definitely look into it but until then I shall cherish them from afar~~~ that and they aren’t legal to keep in my state 🤣

Piranha...lots of them...in a pond outside on the back communal area

(The potentially perfect way to be rid of the neighbouring area's pesky kids who never vandalise their own estate areas, only ours.......pesky kids accidently leaning too far over the pond to see whats in there......perfect)

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

I want you to name the fish (fresh or salt) that you would really want but can't or just don't have yet... Dont think about prices or care requirements I just want to know what you would really want.

My fish I would really want?

Saltwater: Mandarinfish

Freshwater: A large school of rainbow fish OR discus.
Electic blue rainbow

I was originally going to say an axolotl -psh totally a fish-; because as adorable and lovely as they are…. I can’t justify getting an endangered species when I would have no plans on breeding it and helping the population grow. I would feel so guilty 😭. If their numbers grow more stable I’ll definitely look into it but until then I shall cherish them from afar~~~ that and they aren’t legal to keep in my state 🤣
The numbers in captivity are completely fine, but they are nearly extinct in the wild. I think I’ve heard it has to do with habitat loss? I don’t think anyone has wild caught ones, though one of the color morphs is “wild type”. They were illegal here in VA until August if this year. Maybe someday they will be legal in your state too!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back