Newish additions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stunning! Jealous of your Nicaraguan. How are they all getting on? Nics can be quite bolshy but dont usually do damage.
Hi Wills,

All is well atm, the Nic is pretty much acting as you say....bolshy

She likes her spot and will chase away the smaller cichlids (nothing harmful).

Eba's the same tbf. Doing maintance yesterday and he/she just comes right up to my hand to see what im doing 🙂

Hi Wills,

All is well atm, the Nic is pretty much acting as you say....bolshy

She likes her spot and will chase away the smaller cichlids (nothing harmful).

Eba's the same tbf. Doing maintance yesterday and he/she just comes right up to my hand to see what im doing 🙂
Thats cool still waiting to get mine cant wait. Looks like you have got the strain I want (or one) the black spot at the top of the body I think means its from or descended from a lake between Nicaragua and Costa Rica and at one point in time was a separate species from Nicaraguensis called Cichlasoma Spilotum :)

Wills

Thats cool still waiting to get mine cant wait. Looks like you have got the strain I want (or one) the black spot at the top of the body I think means its from or descended from a lake between Nicaragua and Costa Rica and at one point in time was a separate species from Nicaraguensis called Cichlasoma Spilotum :)

Wills
Oh thats cool to know 🙂 thanks Wills.

Hows your big tank coming along?

Oh thats cool to know 🙂 thanks Wills.

Hows your big tank coming along?
Still empty - we've decided to knock the wall down right next to where its going so got to wait to get that sorted - was hoping it would be this year but not started yet and xmas is fast approaching.

Still empty - we've decided to knock the wall down right next to where its going so got to wait to get that sorted - was hoping it would be this year but not started yet and xmas is fast approaching.
Thats a bummer mate. Youve certainly had to wait patiently for this tank.

Few more additions this month to a few of my tanks🙂
⬇️Geophagus surinamensis
20221231_172442.jpg
20221231_172438.jpg
20230102_221402.jpg
⬇️ Jumbo L200 green phantom
20230115_185559.jpg
⬇️ Keyhole Cichlids
20230114_143724.jpg
20230114_143734.jpg
20230114_143738.jpg
20230114_152503.jpg
20230114_152516.jpg
20230115_193441.jpg
⬇️ Colombian tetras (had this group a good while but not put up many pictures. Love these guys, so colourful and school lovely 😍
20230114_183925.jpg

Had some clown plecs aswel but they hide too much to get some good shots of them

Looks incredible! Got to be the best 'fake' plant tank I've seen... must have cost a fortune? Do you miss the live plants?

Nicaraguan looks amazing as well. Coming on really nicely!

Looks incredible! Got to be the best 'fake' plant tank I've seen... must have cost a fortune? Do you miss the live plants?

Nicaraguan looks amazing as well. Coming on really nicely!
I do miss live plants Wills, i really do! you cant beat the look of a live planted tank and the benefits they bring but its a choice i had to make once i got the Sev's and the dollars.

I must say artificial have come along way and ive been suprised how ive adjusted to them. Really didnt think they would last in my tanks long but they do have advantages over live.

Price is a big one..

My 5ft live tank cost around £300-400 to plant

Artificial cost me around £50-60 per 5ft🤑

Shes a beauty mate, she really is 😍 settled in lovely

I do miss live plants Wills, i really do! you cant beat the look of a live planted tank and the benefits they bring but its a choice i had to make once i got the Sev's and the dollars.

I must say artificial have come along way and ive been suprised how ive adjusted to them. Really didnt think they would last in my tanks long but they do have advantages over live.

Price is a big one..

My 5ft live tank cost around £300-400 to plant

Artificial cost me around £50-60 per 5ft🤑

Shes a beauty mate, she really is 😍 settled in lovely
That is interesting! I'm surprised the 5 foot cost that much live! But I suppose I can spend well over £150 on my 2 foot for a rescape (pretty easily). Equally surprised how cheap the plastic plants came out at for such a big tank too. Its not for me but I can see why you would do it with the Dollars especially. I had a Sev and some headstanders and they were just as bad, managed a few plants are various points but eventually hardscape only.

Any chance of some pics of the Nic now?

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back