New Little Project

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I wouldn't beat yourself up about them, you can take every precaution under the sun to try and ensure the fish are of good stock. Though there is always going to be a chance they have issues, I would of phoned up the store to say they died due to 'so and so' and that they were the only fish in the tank therefore the disease must of come from the fish shop.

On a lighter note HR are one of my favourites for planted tanks, they look absolutely stunning under the right light and conditions.

I wouldn't beat yourself up about them, you can take every precaution under the sun to try and ensure the fish are of good stock. Though there is always going to be a chance they have issues, I would of phoned up the store to say they died due to 'so and so' and that they were the only fish in the tank therefore the disease must of come from the fish shop.

On a lighter note HR are one of my favourites for planted tanks, they look absolutely stunning under the right light and conditions.

I was going to ring them up but just couldn't get round to and after a while forgot about it and left the hassle. I'm not giving up with the place either, maybe I should just be more thorough when checking my potential purchases :good:

And i'm definately not giving up on the Harlequin choice, as like you said they are a lovely fish

James.

Can you believe it's been a month since I updated the journal? Jeez I can't, time has been flying recently for me. With college coming to an end, being at work & heavily hitting the gym my poor fishes haven't had as much attention as they should.

I did a big clean up on the 55gal, and man it felt good when I finished. Looks lovely and clean now.

But as the for the little set-up it still awaits some fortnightly maintenance. Things are going well despite me not spending as much time with it. It's quite heavily planted now, the hair grass is slowly but steadily spreading and developing new... Grasses? I've also had some HC in there for a good few weeks now (fell in love with it after keeping a close eye on Ian's journal. So the planted side of things is going well. As for the livestock everything is also fine, I have had the same 5 Harlequins in there now for a while (not added anymore since I lost some way back. Shirmp fine, Assasin Snails fine.

So other than a bit of maintenance, the tank is doing well if anyone is interested :good:

I'll add a picture post-maitenance. Hope everyone is well, not had much time lately to roam the forum.

Regards, James_Fish.

Here's the photo's as promised :good:

The kitchen shot I like :)

Closer

Even Closer

A Shrimp, just chilling.

Full tank shot.

Thanks, James.

Tank looks a little orangey. That might be the camera though, aside from that the only thing that i would change with this tank is the stingray haha. Looks really good though. What are you long term stocking plans for this? Its a shame the Rasbora's didnt make it, they are one of the best fish IMO for planted tanks.

The camera is only of my iPhone so doesn't reflect the tank 100%. I agree the Stingray looks awful, tempted to buy one of those mini external things but i'm skint haha. I've got 5 Harlequins that have been in there for about 3-4 weeks now. 2 of the original set survived and then I bumped the shoal up to 5 when the finrot cleared up. I think i'll probably add 5 more in the long run.

James.

The camera is only of my iPhone so doesn't reflect the tank 100%. I agree the Stingray looks awful, tempted to buy one of those mini external things but i'm skint haha. I've got 5 Harlequins that have been in there for about 3-4 weeks now. 2 of the original set survived and then I bumped the shoal up to 5 when the finrot cleared up. I think i'll probably add 5 more in the long run.

James.

Really like that rock, nice progression too. I use this mini filter in my biube at the mo,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARINA-i25-MINI-INTERNAL-AQUARIUM-FISH-TANK-FILTER-25L-/290450237856?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item43a02ee9a0

Its black too which so it may be hidden with your black background, it also sits about 1 inch out of the water so isnt too big

Thanks mate, what stocking do you have in there?

James.

Only Cherry Shrimp lol, Im getting rid soon as Im upgrading my rio 180 to a rio 300, probably just gonna concentrate on the one tank, but i think the filter would be ok with light stocking

Hello!

Just a little update after what seems years! Times flying at the minute!

I've been away in Greece for a week during that time, and upon returning give the tank a nice clean up. The Rotala plant species is doing brilliant! And the DHG is coming along slowly but nicely. My Shrimp have carried eggs a few times and i'm seeing little Shrimplets appearing every now and then. The 3 Assasin Snails I put in are still going strong, nice addition. The 5 Harlequins I have are also fine, but i'm thinking of switching these with microrasbora's, one of my original choices.

All the best, James.

Doing well :). I'd swap that filter for a more "hidden" filther tho ;).

I've never regret keeping Assassins, love them! Can't wait for more updates when the fish change :good:

Doing well :). I'd swap that filter for a more "hidden" filther tho ;).

I've never regret keeping Assassins, love them! Can't wait for more updates when the fish change :good:

Cheers Schottay, I think I will change the filter to something smaller, the stingray is a real eyesore.

Just weighing up my options at the minute, even considered a dedicated invertebrate/amphibian tank with a couple of ADF's, shrimp and snails. And possibly even the little Thai micro crabs. Needs researching though!

Thinking of adding some Amano's with the Cherrys, because I know they won't cross breed :good:

Thoughts?
James.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back