New Little Project

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Looks awesome :good: i love the look of your tank,well done :nod:

Thanks mate :good:

The last picture on this thread is a little dated, tank looks different now. I'm just having a play around with how i'm going to scape it for when I move on to a different stocking.

James.

I've had cherrys with amano before. They was alright. I prefer the amano shrimp over cherry though as they get bigger and are no where near as shy or scared as the cherrys. (If you have them in with fish).

I had 30 cherry and hardly seen any in my 90L (with fish), got 12 amano and they grew nice and big and was always out on full display :good:

I've had cherrys with amano before. They was alright. I prefer the amano shrimp over cherry though as they get bigger and are no where near as shy or scared as the cherrys. (If you have them in with fish).

I had 30 cherry and hardly seen any in my 90L (with fish), got 12 amano and they grew nice and big and was always out on full display :good:

I got 3 Amano's yesterday. I see where you are coming from Schottay. Where they lack in colour they make in size and presence. And where the Cherrys lose out on size they make up for in colour.

Just still trying to figure out how i'm going to scape. I think i'm going to get rid of the HC in there, but keep the Dwarf Hair Grass. Plant that in and around the rocks and let it spread. Then maybe have the Rotala stems all along the back wall? It's growing like mad! I'm going to get shut of the stingray and replace it with a mini external, possibly the one Ian suggested earlier in the thread. I'm also going to replace the heater with one of the 'C' range from Marina.

How would you scape?

James.

Okay, so

I've moved the tank from in the kitchen to upstairs in my bedroom. It was getting too much sunlight in the morning and the algae was building up too much for my liking. I've changed the rock layout slightly, just to get some different ideas. Could change it again today if i'm not completely happy with it. Re-planted the plants to different areas.
Now the tank just holds the colony of Cherry Shrimp, 3 Amano's, 3 Assasin Snails and a few other Snails. I will probably change the filter and heater over the next month or so. I can't see an external working now because of the positioning of the tank but we'll see. Might have to go for a small internal.

As for fish/stock... No clue what i'm going to get!

James.

what about a HOB filter James?

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-1/aquarium-filters/hang-on-filters.html

Will they work with the Elite 35 lid in place Ian?

James.

Hi guys, not updated the journal for a while. Not that i've not had chance just never really got round to doing it.

Anyways, the last 2 months or so the tank has been running business as usual, no drama's really. Low maintenance, happy days.
The filter I ended up going for is a Aqua One Mini 300f LV. Tiny little thing, but does the job! The heater I have in there is a Marina C17. As you can tell I wanted small equipment in there so it wasn't too much of an eyesore. I still have the Seiryu stone in there, but changed the scape since my last photo's (you know what it's like when you want to change things a little :rolleyes: ) I only have one species of plant in there now, rotala rotundifolia. I've never been succesful at keeping the foreground plants and have them thrive. I may try again in the future again, with HC. The Rotala however, is doing good, growing very well!

The stocking in there is;

9 boraras maculatus (originally got 10, lost one a few weeks after purchase though)
3 Amano Shrimp
3 Assasin Snails
& my breeding colony of Cherry Shrimp.

Thinking of adding either ten more Maculatus or getting some microrasbora brigittae

Not much else to say really, i'll probably try an update every fortnight. Any questions please ask :good:

James.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back