New Little Project

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Anything like my shrimp they'll just hitch hike, I have around 20 six week old Cherries who regularly sit on my apple snail :p. At a time me and my girlfriend have counted around 8 on top of the poor apple snail at any one time haha.

I have also heard about assassin snails eating cherry shrimp, I would be much more concerned about the Betta possibly eating them.

Anything like my shrimp they'll just hitch hike, I have around 20 six week old Cherries who regularly sit on my apple snail :p. At a time me and my girlfriend have counted around 8 on top of the poor apple snail at any one time haha.

I have also heard about assassin snails eating cherry shrimp, I would be much more concerned about the Betta possibly eating them.

Well Mr. Betta is on his last legs[sub](fins?)[/sub] now :( He won't survive the night.

Thanks for the responses guys

James.

Well Mr. Betta is on his last legs[sub](fins?)[/sub] now :( He won't survive the night.

Thanks for the responses guys

James.

You never know he may surprise you, my betta has surprised me several times when I thought he was at the end. Hope he pulls through.

Aw man this sucks. I feel your pain. Keep the faith he may well pull through :-( I will be keeping tabs on the topic.

I hope he does surpirse me, but I can't see it happening i'm afriad :( Just one of those things in the hobby eh?

James.

So sorry to hear that James :sad:

Cheers LF
It is a shame, I was concerned about him a few weeks ago, but he seemed to be doing okay since that. So was surprised at losing him

James

On a brighter note, My Assassin snails have arrived :good:

James.

Assassins! :) Why have I never kept these before, they are great little things!

James.

they are how many did you get?

i have 10 in my 60l :good:

Just 3, the good thing is I can provide snails for them almost everyweek :good:

EDIT: Screw it, im getting Cherry's can always add another species later on!

James.

Last night I went out and got 6 harlequin rasboras, couldn't help myself haha :lol:
I thought I'd use the beneficial bacteria that was built up courtesy of by Betta.

Its sad however, two of the shoal seem to have a bacterial infection on their tails, even though they looked a healthy bunch at the LFS. So I'm keeping testing the water and doing a water change as caution. I'm also going to go and pick some melafix up from an LFS, does that stuff actually work?

James

Well the infection has wiped out all but two of the Harlequins :( Feel like an idiot that I didn't notice at the store and quite angry with myself. It would seem Melafix and ideal water conditions wouldn't save them. Also my shrimp have been in around 3 days and have been fine. They've coloured up nicely and are all doing well! (another sign of good water conditions) The three Assasins are also doing well in the tank.

I will buy some more Harlequins when I get chance. will post a pic up soon, so keep checking back.

James.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back