New Little Project

Tank looks great James, the fighter will more than likely be ok as long as no-one bothers him, i've kept males with all sorts in the past :good: its just a matter of observing for a while.

Does he flare a lot?

Cheers lilfishie

He doesn't flare a lot to be honest, Probably because he's nothing to flare at. He has flared in the past but I had him in a tank wit several species of tetra and shrimp without problems. He just kept himself to himself at the top of the tank. Hopefully he will do the same in this tank. He's looking better now. I think he mini pellets affected his digestion system temporarily. He's still under a close eye though for the time being.

James

I need to get me some shrimp!

James.

PFK tells me this could be a decent buy? Fluval 88G C02 kit, say's its ideal for small planted tanks.

Anyone heard any reviews, or anyone used it?

Edit: Would the 20G be more suitable for me?

James.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have read some peoples opinions claiming the regulators on those small Co2 kits just aren't reliable however I've never had one to test. Just one annoying thing to point out is because you don't have a solenoid on it you're going to have to set that thing on every day at the same time to the same amount otherwise you're going to be getting staghorn algae all over.

If I were you I would just steer away from Nano Co2 and try EasyCarbo or Excel for now, until there is good reason to I wouldn't bother. Plus on top of that the 11w T8? Bulb in the Elite 35 isn't going to be putting much demand on them for Co2 and carbon supplement will probably suffice.

Or... I hear Ianho has had great success using Floranaxis (sp?) after looking through his journals.

Love what you've done with the rock mate! :hyper:
Looks brilliant.

Love what you've done with the rock mate! :hyper:
Looks brilliant.

Cheers Andy, thanks for some quality stuff :good:

James

Oh and Josh, it turns out I do have a reflector. I presumed I didn't buy when I gave the lighting unit a bit of a clean the other day i found it had one already

Will upload a recent picture tonight

James

Recent picture as promised.

Got quite a few pest Snails emerging. Think I might invest in a few Assasin's. Also looking to add the Red Cherry's soon.

If I add some water (small amount) half a litre maybe of water from my existing 55gal with Nitrate levels of 20-40ppm. Will this do the plants any good do you reckon? Just a thought I had.

James.

James.

Was just wondering if it would help them in anyway. Always aspire to optimum plant growth!

James.

I love what you have done with the stone mate. This is looking great now :) come along awesomely. Are you feeding your plants atall... Or just leaving them too it? :good:

I love what you have done with the stone mate. This is looking great now :) come along awesomely. Are you feeding your plants atall... Or just leaving them too it? :good:

Cheers Matt.

I'm adding liquid carbon in the form of Seachem Flourish Excel. But I've also ordered some Seachem Flourish fertiliser. I also inject optimay co2 but I'm looking at possibly upgrading the co2 system. I use Manado plant substrate as the gravel

James.

Done some maintenance on the tank today. Just a water change and stuff.

I've got and started dosing the Flourish from Seachem to go with the Flourish Excel from Seachem. Will I need to cut the dosing of the Excel to compensate the Flourish? I'm not overdosing by adding both am I?

Ordered some Assasin Snails for the tank. They look pretty cool and I heard they are cool to keep. But I have them primarily to get rid of the pest snails that have started to overrun the tank :lol: So these are the next life in the tank.
Hopefully, i'll sort some shrimp out this week. Kesgrave have a nice choice on eBay. Will have to be careful with the Shrimp though, heard the Snails sometimes eat them.

Just done a quick water test out of interest. Results:

GH&KH: 5° or 90ppm
pH: 6.6
NH3: 0ppm
NO2: 0ppm
NO3: 10ppm

James.

Despite the test results yesterday, I came home to find my VT in pretty bad shape. The lumps I mentioned earlier in the thread are still there and he's bloated right up on his front end aswell as losing some colour. Could be dropsy, i'm not saying he's to far gone but i'll be surpised if he manages to pull out of this one.

James.

Ordered some Assasin Snails for the tank. They look pretty cool and I heard they are cool to keep. But I have them primarily to get rid of the pest snails that have started to overrun the tank :lol: So these are the next life in the tank.
Hopefully, i'll sort some shrimp out this week. Kesgrave have a nice choice on eBay. Will have to be careful with the Shrimp though, heard the Snails sometimes eat them.

I doubt that snails will be quick enough to catch shrimp.... I don't think you will have a problem.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back