New Little Project

looking forward to seeing the stone in action! Good plant choices as well mate. Remember to get your journal going in the planted!

looking forward to seeing the stone in action! Good plant choices as well mate. Remember to get your journal going in the planted!

You really want me to have the journal over there don't you haha? :lol:

When I get it finished I'll definitely post some pictures over in the planted section :good:

Thanks guys :good:

James

One or both plants i've ordered are currently unavailable, so bit of a delay with the plants coming.

James.

Quick question... have you got a reflector in that tank? My girlfriend has got the 60L version and I'm now contemplating buying one, just wondering how I will go about doing a DIY one on that tank.

Well the stone has come, not in the tank yet. Still soaking and rinsing, going to wait till tomorrow before I start trying it in different places. Just need to smash one piece up so I can go ahead with my plans of scattering small pieces. Im guessing I just give it a good old whack with a hammer and hope for the best?

The plants are on the way, got an e-mail this morning so looking forward to that.

Will get pictures up tomorrow when i've added the stone.

Josh - I've not got a reflector, but now you've mentioned it I might consider it :good:

James.

Plants have arrived half way through some maintenance on the 55gal, will finish up then have a play around with :good:

James.

Here's the Seiryu stone pieces i've got.

Here's one piece.

Here's the other piece, well half of it. I'm breaking this one up into smaller pieces.

A cracked house brick, a bent knife and a sore arm later, small pieces of Seiryu.

Whilst i'm here, i'm just a little concerned over my Betta Splendens. I think he may have swim bladder. He has a lump either side of his body close to where his tail and fins start. It's the same size on either size, it's like he has a ball stuck in him. He sometimes swims funny, with the rear of his body higher than the front <-- this is what makes me think it's swim bladder.

He's fed on King British mini pellets, which are hard. I wondered if these had been effecting his digestion, so I stopped feeding him for a few days and then this morning fed him some pea.

The Tank

He is the first idea i've had? Thoughts? Not put the new plants in yet.

Cheers, James.

Nice work on the stones James and as for your tank its coming on a treat :good:

Keith.

Awesome, the stones look stunning. It will look even better once the water has cleared! :good:

Have a read of this James, it'll give you more scope of Iwagumi. Personally i would shift that rock on it's side and make it your Oyaishi. I found this a great help.
http://www.aquajournal.net/na/iwagumi/introduction.html

Cheers Josh!

Cheers Ian, for the link. Do you think I should keep my substrate slanted like I have currently or make it an even layer across the tank?

James

Something like this? Ignore the plants and substrate layout, will re-adjust them once the stone placement is final.

Cheers, James.

Most reactions

Back